3 bedroom detached house for saleCollege Farm Lane, Thompson, Thetford
Sold STC £300,000
- Detached Grade II Listed Thatched Cottage
- Three Bedrooms
- Kitchen / Breakfast Room
- Quarter of an Acre
- Detached Garage & Driveway
AN OPPORTUNITY TO ACQUIRE A DELIGHTFUL DETACHED PERIOD COTTAGE SITUATED ON LARGE GROUNDS IN THE SOUGHT AFTER VILLAGE LOCATION OF THOMPSON. The accommodation comprises three bedrooms, kitchen/breakfast room, living room, dining room, quarter of an acre, garage and driveway providing ample parking.
AN OPPORTUNITY TO ACQUIRE A DELIGHTFUL DETACHED PERIOD COTTAGE SITUATED ON LARGE GROUNDS IN THE SOUGHT AFTER VILLAGE LOCATION OF THOMPSON. The accommodation comprises three bedrooms, kitchen/breakfast room, living room, dining room, quarter of an acre, garage and driveway providing ample parking. An internal inspection is strongly advised.
The village of Thompson has local amenities including a splendid 17th Century public house 'The Chequers Inn', its own Post Office, a thriving primary school, a village hall and Millennium Green. The village is closely connected to the market town of Watton situated in the heart of rural Norfolk. There is good access to a number of schools to all levels; a network of roads connect to the market towns of Dereham, Wymondham and Thetford. The A11 corridor road is less than 15 minutes away, recent improvements and dualling of the A11 enables swifter access to Cambridge, Newmarket and London itself in around 2 hours. There is a train station at Thetford with a direct link to Cambridge which in turn has a regular service to London Kings Cross. Watton offers a wide range of amenities including a Tesco supermarket, a variety of high street shops, schooling, surgeries and public houses. The cathedral city of Norwich is around 20 miles to the north east with its main line rail link to London Liverpool Street and its own international airport. The city is renowned for its fabulous shopping facilities and is the business hub of East Anglia.
Entrance / Dining Room 13' 10" x 11' 7" ( 4.22m x 3.53m )
With Timber entrance door, window to front and rear aspect overlooking rear garden, brick fireplace with quarry tiled hearth with beam over (presently sealed), two radiators, door leading to kitchen and ground floor bathroom.
Lounge 13' 4" x 10' 8" ( 4.06m x 3.25m )
With recessed Inglenook fireplace incorporating wood burning stove, quarry tiled hearth and beam over, double French doors to rear garden, exposed beams to wall and ceiling and radiator.
Kitchen 12' 9" x 8' 9" ( 3.89m x 2.67m )
With window and door to rear aspect, space and point for range cooker, stainless steel sink with cupboards beneath, space and plumbing for washing machine, extractor fan , larder cupboard, broom cupboard, exposed brick wall, exposed beams and radiator.
Bathroom 8' 9" x 7' 7" ( 2.67m x 2.31m )
A refitted bathroom incorporating a free standing bath with mixer tap and shower attachment over, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, low level W.C, window to front and side aspect, cupboard housing oil fired boiler providing hot water and heating system, cupboard housing hot water cylinder, beamed ceiling and radiator.
With stairs to first floor.
First Floor Landing
With windrow to front aspect, exposed wall beams and radiator.
Bedroom One 12' 11" x 11' 5" ( 3.94m x 3.48m )
With window to front and rear aspect, exposed wall beams, access to loft space, wood flooring and radiator.
Bedroom Two 11' 6" x 8' 8" ( 3.51m x 2.64m )
with window to front aspect, exposed wall beams and radiator.
Bedroom Three 8' 5" x 7' 3" ( 2.57m x 2.21m )
With window to rear aspect, exposed beams, built in storage cupboard and radiator.
With fully tiled double shower cubicle with sliding doors, low level W.C, wash hand basin with cupboard beneath, extractor fan, heated towel rails, exposed beams and tiled floor.
To the front is a driveway proving parking and access to the detached garage, with lawned area enclosed by mature hedging and rear access gate.
To the rear is an extensive garden laid mainly to lawn with paved patio area, partially fenced, storage shed and greenhouse.
With double opening doors.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45142458.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference WAT104902. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Watton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.