4 bedroom house for saleEast Barn, Barrows Green, Kendal, Cumbria
- A substantial barn conversion of character, much improved by the present owners.
- Delightful location surrounded by open countryside just three miles from Kendal town centre.
- Fabulous views.
- Spacious, versatile and adaptable family living accommodation.
- Four bedrooms and two reception rooms.
- Kitchen/breakfast room and utility room.
- Family bathroom and en-suite shower room.
- Double glazing and oil central heating.
- Solid oak doors throughout.
- Good sized garage, ample parking and lovely garden.
Occupying a delightful, picturesque location at the end of a private lane, surrounded by open countryside, this attractive four bedroom barn conversion offers versatile family accommodation appointed to an excellent standard, together with a lovely garden, garage and ample parking. Energy Rating 'D'
From Kendal take the A65 Burton Road out of the town in a south-easterly direction. About a mile past Oxenholme is Barrows Green. Turn left at a crossroads, opposite The Punch Bowl. Follow the narrow country lane for about a quarter of a mile to the crest in the hill. Turn right here down a private drive. Continue left at Helm End Farm and straight into the driveway of East Barn.
The property occupies a delightful rural location at the end of a private lane and drive, surrounded by open countryside and enjoying excellent views.
The property forms part of a former farmstead [Helm End Farm] which is now a small cluster of three homes comprising a white washed farmhouse and two barn conversions, developed in around 1990.
There are footpaths and bridleways close to hand and country walks are available right from the doorstep. Just up the lane is the locally renowned hill, The Helm, which offers superb views across the Lake District and of the Coast.
Helm End is part of the friendly community of Barrows Green which has a well run pub. The nearby villages of Natland and Old Hutton both have a church and a primary school, and the station at Oxenholme is on the London to Glasgow West Coast main line.
The property is located just three miles from Kendal town centre. the house is also well placed for junctions 36 and 37 of the M6 motorway and for the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales National Parks.
Stone walled driveway to front, secured by wrought iron gates, providing ample parking for several motor vehicles.
Attractively laid out stone walled garden with a lawn, gravelled sitting out area, chipped stone pathways and raised stone walled herbaceous flowerbeds with shrubs, perennials and trees. Vegetable garden with raised beds. Pergola.
Outside water tap. Exterior lighting. Oil storage tank.
A public footpath skirts one corner of the driveway.
Mains electricity and water. Oil central heating. Shared septic tank drainage.
Under the Estate Agents Act 1979 notice is hereby given that one of the owners of the property is a Director of Michael C L Hodgson [a brand of H & H Land and Property Limited].
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45161958.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN160371. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.