5 bedroom detached house for saleLatham Road, Cambridge
- Existing Gross Internal Floor Area: 2,321 sq ft (216 sq m)
- Proposed Gross Internal Floor Area: 3,337 sq ft (310 sq m)
- Reception Hall, Open Plan Sitting/Dining Room, Kitchen, Utility Room, Inner Hall, Cloakroom, Master Bedroom with En Suite Bathroom, 3 further Bedrooms, Family Bathroom.
- Annexe: Entrance Hall/Utility Area, Sitting Room, Kitchen/Breakfast Room, Bedroom, Bathroom.
- Outside: Parking for Several Cars, Double Car Port, Storeroom. Private South Facing Garden.
- In all the property comprises about a quarter of an acre.
A rare opportunity to acquire an award winning single storey residence with a self-contained annexe and detailed planning permission to substantially alter and extend, situated in one of the most prestigious roads in Cambridge.
City Centre 1 mile, Mainline Railway Station 1 mile, Addenbrooke's Hospital/Biomedical Campus 2 miles, M11 (Junction 11) 2.5 miles (distances are approximate).
Situated just a mile from the heart of the city centre, Latham Road is surrounded by school playing fields and Coe Fen which leads down to the River Cam and creates a unique rural environment for such a convenient city location.
Some of the most highly regarded schools in the city such as The Leys, St Mary's, The Stephen Perse Foundation, The Heritage and St Faith's are all within easy walking distance. Parkside Community College is within about three quarters of a mile and there are nursery schools in nearby Chaucer Road. The wonderful University Botanic Garden is within about a quarter of a mile and the property is well placed for access to the city centre, which provides an attractive combination of ancient and modern buildings, winding lanes, colleges and extensive shopping facilities. The city also offers a wide range of educational and cultural amenities and is not only world renowned for its academic achievements, but has also become an important centre for the 'high-tech' and 'bio-tech' industries with the University's Research and Development Laboratories, the internationally renowned Cambridge Science Park and Addenbrooke's Hospital/Biomedical Campus, which is planned to be one of the largest centres of health, science and medical research in the world.
Latham Road was originally laid out as a deliberate plan by the owners, the Pemberton family, to create an area of special character. Initially, this was a leasehold estate with each of the plots having clear restrictions imposed relating to house design, building lines and general layout. Latham Road was a farm track which remained gated at the Trumpington Road end until the 1930s. There is a considerable variation of house style along the road, which is still lit by gas lamps, ranging from 'Arts and Crafts' to Queen Anne and the Modern Movement.
Latham Road is named after the Reverend Henry ("Ben") Latham (1821-1902) former Master of Trinity Hall (1888-1902). There is a fascinating book published in 1996 tracing the history of Latham Road and its residents, entitled "Rus in Urbe" by Jane Renfrew, Magnus Renfrew and John Rose.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45231285.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CAM130564. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bidwells, Cambridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.