4 bedroom semi-detached house for sale1 Box Tree Barn, Lupton, Carnforth, Cumbria
- Exclusive, small residential development.
- Traditional stone, slate barn converted to two dwellings.
- nearby detached barn converted and original farmhouse.
- No Occupancy Conditions.
- About 1.5 miles from junction 36, M6, just beyond the Plough Inn.
- Characteristic features include oak beans and lintels and a fascinating wall plaque, 1731 initialled CRA with inscription "Enter not into judgement with thy servant O Lord".
- Double glazed, planked and latched doors, galleried landing, high quality joinery.
- Imposing entrance hall behind original barn door opening, kitchen/breakfast, dining room, lounge, bedroom no.4/study.
- Master bedroom suite, bedrooms 2 and 3, house bathroom.
- Terrace, tiered gardens with rockery and lawns, garage and parking.
Extremely spacious high quality barn conversion convenient for M6, Kirkby Lonsdale and Kendal. Three receptions, four bedrooms, garage, gardens. Abundance of original features. Energy Rating "D"
From junction 36 of the M6 motorway proceed in an easterly direction for about three miles on the A65 Kirkby Lonsdale to reach Lupton and the property will be found on the right-hand side approximately 500m past the Plough Inn. The access to the development is the second turning on the right just before Lupton Tower.
The property is located in the rural hamlet of Lupton on the A65 Kirkby Lonsdale to Kendal road, surrounded by rolling countryside, conveniently placed for junction 36 of the M6 motorway and for access into the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District National Parks.
Parking area to the front and side.
Behind the garage is a gate off the drive into the garden.
Terrace adjacent to the lounge and kitchen. Lawns. Raised terrace. Rockery. Steps to the upper level with lawn.
Pvc oil tank. Array of flowering shrubs and borders.
Mains electricity and water. Oil central heating. Septic tank drainage shared by three properties.
The shared, private, access drive turns into the small development The front entrance door is adjacent to the parking area
4.31m x 2.71m
Polished wood floor. Central heating radiator. Understairs store. Cupboard with Worcester oil fired boiler. Galleried landing and staircase.
1.8m x 0.9m
Wash hand basin and central heating radiator. To the right is the
4.81m x 3.98m
Fitted pine kitchen with tiled working surfaces. matching wall cupboards. Part tiled walls. Deep porcelain sink. Integral washing machine. Fridge. Freezer. Dishwasher. display cabinet. Flagged floor. Central heating radiator. Rangemaster cooking range under an imposing recess with cast iron supports and oak lintel backed with tiled wall. Recessed display shelves. Pair of opening doors to the rear terrace.
4.8m x 4.4m
Exposed beams. Central heating radiator. Wall cupboard. Spot lights.
5.32m x 4.91m
A lovely light room, doors to the terrace. Exposed beams. Central heating radiator. Wood polished floor. Stone fireplace with oak mantle, flagged hearth, wood burning stove.
3.75m x 2.53m
Exposed beams. Spot lights. Central heating radiator.
2.5m x 2.4m
Spa bath, wash hand basin and w.c. Corner shower cubicle. Part tiled walls. Roof light.
5.55m x 3.9m
Concrete block built. Double pitched slated roof. Stone facing to the front elevation. Up and over door. Concrete floor. Electricity and water. Side gate in front of the garage into the gardens.
4.89m x 3.46m
Wood polished floor. Exposed beams. Spot lights. Lintels above the windows. Central heating radiator. The staircase leads to a half landing which and to the galleried
7.94m x 1.36m
Central heating radiator. Exposed oak beams and lintels. Access hatch to roof space.
4.87m x 3.34m
Exposed beams. Spot lights. Central heating radiator.
En-Suite Shower Room:
2.47m x 1.17m
Shower cubicle, wash hand basin and w.c. Towel rail. Part tiled walls. Roof light.
4.94m x 3.5m
Polished wood floor. Exposed beams. Oak lintel above the window overlooking the garden. Central heating radiator.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45347740.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN140203. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.