3 bedroom semi-detached house for saleOxford Road, Banbury
Sold STC £300,000
- 1930s Semi detached house in need of some updating
- Located in a desirable area to town
- Three Bedrooms
- Off road parking
- Large brick built garage/outbuilding
- Large rear garden
- No onward chain
A RED BRICK 1930s SEMI DETACHED HOUSE IN NEED OF SOME UPDATING LOCATED IN A DESIRABLE AREA CLOSE TO TOWN.
Porch, hall, sitting room, dining room, kitchen, cloakroom, three bedrooms, bathroom, uPVC double glazing, gas central heating, off road parking, garage/outbuilding, large rear garden, no onward chain.
<stylerun fontsize=18> GUIDE PRICE £300,000 FREEHOLD</stylerun>
<stylerun fontsize=18>SEALED BIDS INVITED BY 12 O'CLOCK FRIDAY 2ND DECEMBER 2016</stylerun>
Banbury town centre 0.5 miles
Banbury railway station (rear access) 0.8 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 2.5 miles
Horton Hospital 0.2 miles
Oxford 20 miles
Stratford upon Avon 19 miles
Leamington Spa 18 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
Directions - From Banbury Cross proceed in a Southerly direction toward Oxford (A4260). Having passed The Horton Hospital continue for a short distance and the property will be found after the first set of traffic lights on the right hand side and can be recognised by our "For Sale" board.
Situation - BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (55 mins) and Birmingham Snow Hill (55 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
The Property - 116 OXFORD ROAD is a brick built semi detached 1930s house which we believe most prospective purchasers will wish to update in terms of fittings and cosmetics. It has a number of attractive period features including high ceilings, bay windows, picture rails, doors and oriel windows. It is set back from the road behind a frontage which includes off road parking for two vehicles and a driveway extends to the side providing additional off road parking space ultimately leading to a garage/outbuilding beyond which there is a large rear garden extending to approximately 60m in length.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A 1930's semi detached house in a highly sought after address.
* Located within walking distance of the town centre, Horton Hospital, supermarkets and Banbury railway station.
* Modernisation required.
* Porch with uPVC double glazing opening to a large hall with built-in cupboards.
* Sitting room with large bay window to front and picture rails.
* Spacious dining room with uPVC double glazed door to the rear garden and large half bay window to the rear overlooking the garden, marble fireplace.
* Kitchen with medium oak base and eye level units, uPVC double glazed door and window to side, built-in cupboards and drawers.
* Ground floor cloakroom and pantry cupboard.
* Main bedroom with bay window to front, picture rails and built-in wardrobes.
* Large second bedroom with half bay window overlooking the rear garden.
* Spacious third bedroom with half bay window overlooking the rear garden and door to built-in airing cupboard housing the wall mounted Potterton gas fired boiler.
* Bathroom with a coloured suite and separate WC.
* Driveway to front providing off road parking extending via double wooden gates to the side providing further parking beyond which is a large brick built garage/outbuilding with personal door to the rear garden.
* Large rear garden extending to approximately 60m in length comprising a paved patio, very large lawn and borders.
* Backing onto Horton View recreation area with facilities including sports field, tennis and bowls club.
Services - All mains services are connected. The wall mounted Potterton gas fired boiler is located in the airing cupboard in bedroom three.
Local Authority - Cherwell District Council. Council tax band D.
Viewing - Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Agents Note - All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation - Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
Epc - A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45471066.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26636293. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Anker & Partners, Banbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.