6 bedroom detached house for saleHigh Street, Wadhurst, East Sussex, TN5
Guide Price £1,190,000
- tucked-away off Wadhurst High Street
- 6 bedroom contemporary home
- spacious open plan living area
- family room and study
- 3,034 sq ft
- good-sized garden of 0.21 acres
- driveway parking
- 1.3 miles mainline station
- well-placed for schools
- EPC Rating = B
A spacious contemporary property enjoying a tucked-away position close to the centre of this popular village and conveniently-placed for the mainline station
Whispers is located close to the High Street in the pretty Sussex village of Wadhurst. Local amenities in close proximity include a butcher, greengrocer, delicatessen, post offices, library, bank, chemist, hardware store, cafes and a supermarket.
State and private schools: Wadhurst C of E Primary, Sticky Fingers/Oasties childcare, preparatories include Sacred Heart (Wadhurst), Bricklehurst Manor (Stonegate), Holmewood House (Langton Green), Marlborough House and St. Ronan's (Hawkhurst). Secondary level: Uplands Community Technology College (Wadhurst), Kent grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge (admission based on academic performance in the 11 plus exam) and independents in Mayfield, Eastbourne, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks.
- entrance porch
- entrance hall
- open plan living space
- family room
- utility room
- master bedroom suite
- bedroom with en suite shower room
- 4 double bedrooms (2 en suite)
- family bath/shower room
- enclosed garden
- driveway parking
- about 0.21 acres
- EPC = B
A contemporary chalet-style property offering substantial living space and six double bedrooms, together with a good-sized garden. The current owners have undertaken a major refurbishment of a 1950s bungalow, re-building the majority and equipping the interior with stylish fixtures and fittings. The property is presented with a stylish neutral colour scheme to create an attractive, light and spacious, family home.
Whispers is ideally-placed for those requiring easy access to local amenities and enjoys a tucked-away position off the High Street. Wadhurst mainline station is about 1.3 miles away offering commuters a regular service to London, with a journey-time from just over an hour. There is a good choice of schools in the immediate vicinity, including a primary, secondary and an independent preparatory. Points of note include:
- Amtico wood-effect flooring with carpeting to the bedrooms and the family room, under floor heating to the ground floor, a glazed balustrade staircase rising up to an atrium landing, well-appointed bathrooms, large double glazed picture windows, recessed LEG mood lighting and CAT5 network cabling;
- generous open plan living space with large bi-fold glazed doors opening out to the garden and comprising a well-designed fitted kitchen with Neff and Zanussi appliances, a dining and a sitting area;
- family room opening out to the garden and a separate study;
- useful utility room with space for a washing machine and a tumble dryer and side access out to the driveway;
- master bedroom suite with a dressing room and a shower room and a further en suite double bedroom on the ground floor;
- the first floor comprises four double bedrooms, two with en suite shower rooms and two with a Velux "cabrio" window which neatly opens out to form a small balcony when required, and a family bathroom which completes the accommodation.
The property opens out to the rear through bi-fold doors from the living areas onto an Indian sandstone terrace and a good-sized level garden, enclosed by a high brick wall and wood panel fencing. The garden is mainly laid to lawn with silver birch trees and some shrub planting to the boundaries.
To the front, a gravel driveway wraps around two sides providing ample parking and turning space enclosed by wood panel fencing.
Agents Note: Whispers has a right of access over the private entrance drive leading from the High Street and contributes a proportion of the cost for its upkeep.
Services: Mains gas central heating, mains water, electricity, and drainage. Maintained burglar alarm.
Outgoings: Wealden District Council: (01424) 7870000. Tax Band: F.
VIEWING Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspe ction or otherwise.
Square Footage: 3,034 sq ft
Acreage: 0.21 Acres
From Tunbridge Wells proceed South on the A267, passing through Frant village and take the left-hand turning to Wadhurst on the B2099. Continue past the turning to Sparrows Green (B2110), past the business centre on the right-hand side until you see the Wadhurst Village sign on the left. Take the next turning left alongside the brick wall for Hill House and Pond House and Whispers will be found at the end on the left-hand side, before the farm entrance.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45486405.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS150037. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.