3 bedroom semi-detached house for saleWatchgate Barn, Selside, Kendal, Cumbria
- A substantial stone and slate built, three storey barn conversion.
- Exposed beams and hardwood framed double glazed windows.
- Spacious lounge with wood burning stove.
- Superb kitchen/breakfast room.
- Three bedrooms.
- Bathroom/w.c and shower room/w.c.
- Large utility room/study.
- Scope for the creation of an annexe.
- Excellent, purpose built garage/workshop.
- Good sized garden and ample parking.
A superb three bedroom barn conversion occupying a delightful semi-rural location, enjoying excellent views of the South Lakeland fells. Extensive use of originals oak beams and features, Solid oak cills and all hardwood Window frames and external doors
Good size garden, ample parking and a substantial purpose built workshop/garage that would suit anyone needing a lot of storage or work space which could be adapted for a number of uses.
Close to Kendal on the edge of the Lake District. Energy Rating 'C'.
From Kendal follow the A6 Shap Road in a northerly direction for about 3 miles. Just after the turning for Longsleddale look for the signpost for "Watchgate Water Treatment ", take a right turn here . The gated entrance to Watchgate Barn will be found on the left-hand side after about 50 metres from the A6.
The property forms part of the rural hamlet of Selside occupying an elevated position with excellent views of Longsleddale and the surrounding South Lakeland fells.
Selside is located just off the A6 Shap Road about three miles north of the historic market town of Kendal. Selside has a very highly regarded primary school and a church, and is on the very edge of the Lake District National Park boundary.
Selside is perfectly placed for exploring the Lake District, access into Kendal and for the M6 motorway and Oxenholme Railway Station on the London to Glasgow West Coast line.
Immediately in front of the house is a gravelled garden with paved pathway, parking for at least one large vehicle , herbaceous flowerbed containing several trees and a paved patio area.
Gravelled driveway with double gated entrance providing parking for several motor vehicles.
A further gravelled driveway extends to a good sized lawned garden with a paved patio area and a variety of ornamental trees. The tree lined garden and paved BBQ area are serviced by mains water and an electric supply as is equipped with a 12 x 8 garden shed .
Mains water and electric. Shared septic tank drainage. Oil fired central heating. Security alarm.
Furnishings within the property can be purchased by separate negotiation, so for those wanting a turnkey holiday property there is potential.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45569586.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN160396. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.