4 bedroom barn conversion for saleTurnshaw Road, Kirkburton, Huddersfield
Sold STC £400,000
- £1000 BUYER'S INCENTIVE AVAILABLE ON THIS PROPERTY (subject to terms and conditions)
- **Guide Price £400,000-£425,000**
- Four Double Bedrooms
- Two Reception Rooms
- Downstairs WC & En-Suite
- Enclosed Gardens, Double Garage
- Select Period Residence
** guide priced £400,000-£425,000** Offering CHARACTER features in abundance, FOUR double bedrooms, TWO reception rooms, Downstairs WC, Master En-Suite. PRIVATE gardens. AMPLE parking and double garage. High Speck interior including kitchen and bathroom. NOT TO BE MISSED!!
**Guide Price £400,000-£425,000** Positioned in a select location in the popular village of Kirkburton, within walking distance of a large range of local amenities. Set within close proximity of well regarded schools and beautiful countryside. A most unique, executive period property with an abundance of character and charm throughout including a large inglenook fireplace, exposed beams and charming stained glass ornate original barn entrance. Comprising in brief entrance hall, high speck breakfast kitchen, grand lounge complimented by bar area and an array of features, second reception room and downstairs WC. To the first floor are four double bedrooms two having mezzanine levels, master with en-suite. sleek house bathroom with high quality fittings. Externally there is a good mixture of lawn and patio areas offering a good degree of privacy and ample off street parking for multiple vehicles, including a double garage. A grand, welcoming family home that wont be around for long.
Entering from the front via a timber and glazed door with stained glass side panel. The entrance hall has exposed brick work, beams and slate flooring giving it an abundance of character. There is an under stairs cupboard giving useful storage space which also houses the combi boiler. A staircase rises to the first floor landing.
This partly tiled cloakroom has tiled flooring and is fitted with a WC, wash hand basin, an extractor fan and has feature exposed beams.
Lounge 27' x 15' 3" max length ( 8.23m x 4.65m max length )
Massively spacious and filled with charm the lounge has solid oak flooring and exposed beams to the ceiling, there are three timber double glazed windows to the front elevation as well as the original barn door with ornate stained glass allowing lots of natural light. A real focul point to the room is the inglenook exposed brick fireplace which houses an open fire. There is also a quirky bar built into the corner which has a working Tetley bitter pump as well as two radiators and wall lighting.
Dining Room 11' 11" x 9' 3" ( 3.63m x 2.82m )
Currently used as a work room but being very versatile is what we describe as the dining room. Having a solid oak flooring and exposed beams to the ceiling this room also has wall lights, a radiator and a timber double glazed window to the rear elevation.
Kitchen 16' 6" x 12' 2" ( 5.03m x 3.71m )
This impressive contemporary kitchen is positioned to the front of the property and is fitted with a high speck range of base and wall units, with granite work surfaces over and high gloss brick effect splashback tiling. There is a ceramic Belfast sink and drainer unit, plumbing for a washing machine and dishwasher and space for a fridge freezer. There is also a breakfast bar and space to house an Aga in the exposed brick chimney breast. There is a gas central heating radiator, solid oak flooring, exposed beams and dual aspect timber double glazed windows to the front and side elevations.
First Floor Landing
A twist and turn timber staircase rises from the ground floor entrance hall to the split level first floor landing which has impressive exposed stonework, a telephone point, radiator and dual aspect timber glazed windows to the front and rear elevations with exposed lintels.
Bedroom One 16' 8" max x 10' 2" plus robes ( 5.08m max x 3.10m plus robes )
A double bedroom having built in wardrobes with mirrored fronts which provide ample storage space, this bedroom has feature exposed lintels and door casements. There is a double glazed timber window to the front elevation overlooking the pleasant garden areas.
This fully tiled en-suite shower room is accessed off the master bedroom and comprises of a wash hand basin, WC with dual flush and corner shower cubicle. There is an extractor fan and a central heating radiator.
Bedroom Two 15' 4" x 10' 11" ( 4.67m x 3.33m )
Another spacious bedroom having an array of exposed beams to the ceiling and an exposed stone window ledge adding to the character theme running throughout this property . This bedroom has a square sink unit built into a vanity cupboard positioned in the corner of the room. There are also two double glazed timber windows to the front elevation with exposed lintels over.
Mezzanine Bedroom Three 12' 1" x 11' 5" max into recess ( 3.68m x 3.48m max into recess )
The room is split over two levels giving a really modern edge to a character theme. Having exposed beams and two velux windows, this room has a TV aerial point and a central heating radiator. The room is split over two levels giving a really different feel
Mezzanine Bedroom Four/study 13' 2" x 8' 1" plus recess ( 4.01m x 2.46m plus recess )
Again split over two floors this room continues the feature exposed beams, there is a TV aerial point and a telephone point for Internet access. There is also a velux window and a central heating radiator.
A stylish family bathroom partly tiled in contemporary tiles there is a timber double glazed window to the rear elevation, briefly comprising a P shape bath with waterfall taps and a square centrally placed shower head over. There is a wall mounted vanity cabinet over fitted wash hand basin with a mirrored front, extractor fan, WC with low flush and a heated towel rail.
Steps lead down from the parking area to a neat laid to lawn garden, fully enclosed with stone wall and fence boundaries. There are mature trees surrounding plus quirky vintage lamppost. Further steps lead to a large patio area ideal for low maintenance up keep with the benefit of an outside tap and power point. A smaller third section has an area for shrub and flower beds, with small pond and stone seating. There is also a patio area which can be completely enclosed, ideal for those with pets or for children's security. The property provides ample off street parking for multiple vehicles accessed via wrought iron gates down a private lane from the road.
Having an up and over door, the garage has power and light plus useful storage. It could be used as a potential work shop and can also be accessed from the side via a timber door.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-50008051.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HDF106309. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Huddersfield. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.