6 bedroom town house for sale16 Clifton, York YO30 6AE
Withdrawn from Market
A fine Georgian town house, meticulously restored, and with a lovely garden. Ideally situated just a short stroll from the city centre.
Entrance and staircase hall, dining room, family room, cloakroom, kitchen and garden room/breakfast room, cellars
First floor drawing room, principal bedroom suite with bathroom and dressing room, bedroom 2 with cloakroom
Five further bedrooms (three en-suite) and family bathroom on two upper floors
75’ rear garden with store, residents’ parking nearby
Freehold for sale
16 Clifton, York YO30 6AE
16 Clifton is a very fine late Georgian town house standing almost opposite St Peter’s School. It is listed Grade II. The accommodation, which extends to 4700 sq. ft is on four floors (plus a cellar) and features the traditional first floor drawing room. Of particular note is the magnificent contemporary kitchen and garden room extension leading out into the rear garden, wholly embracing the current style of family life.
• Listed late Georgian town house and garden
• A wonderful contemporary interior in a period house
• Spectacular 24’ kitchen and adjacent garden/breakfast room with bi-folding doors to garden
• Fully equipped with 4-oven gas Aga and integrated units
• Seven bedrooms and five bathrooms over three upper floors
• Walled rear garden and residents’ parking
• Gas-fired Aga and central heating
The front of the house is set back behind a low railed wall and a pretty garden with box topiary and lavender edging. To one side is an access through to the rear garden which is lockable and provides secure storage for bicycles etc. The rear garden is about 75’ long, mainly lawned with a flagged terrace and hot tub, and there is a further store room.
Clifton is one of the principal access routes into York and features a number of distinguished Georgian and Victorian houses. It is home to St Peter’s, St Olaves and Bootham Schools, among the finest of the private schooling York has to offer. The City centre is a ten minute walk, as is the railway station.
York City centre about ½ mile.
All mains services are connected
City of York 01904 551550
The house is denoted by a For Sale board.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-50811214.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 5834461. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Blenkin & Co, York. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.