10 bedroom semi-detached house for saleFortescue Road, Ilfracombe
Withdrawn from Market
- A large Victorian Grade II listed period property
- 8 bedrooms, 2 with en-suites
- Additional 2 bedroom ground floor flat
- Off road parking
- Private courtyard to the rear
- Caters for a variety of uses
- Beautiful period features throughout
This large Victorian Grade II listed property provides more than ample accommodation for a large family - or possible property share, with a total of 8 double bedrooms - 2 of which have en-suite facilities.
It has a large fitted kitchen, large family lounge, laundry room and dining room.
It has a beautiful carved oak staircase running the whole height of the building - which must be seen to be fully appreciated.
In addition to this ample accommodation, there is also a separate ground floor flat with it's own entrances ( plus there is a connecting door inside ) with two bedrooms, it's own fitted kitchen, bathroom and office/study.
Outside at the front there is parking for two vehicles with a pleasant courtyard garden at the rear - complete with it's own large fish pond.
The property is fully protected by a certified fire alarm system and regulation emergency lighting where required.
The property lends itself to a number of uses. It could be used as a large family house with a granny flat, it is ideal for a B&B or could easily be converted into an HMO to be used as an investment property to maximise profit.
The property was originally built as the Highlands Hotel and, in it's time, had been used as a hotel, a backpackers hostel, emergency B&B for the homeless and a luxury private dwelling. It is our understanding that, with such a varied historical use, no planning consent would be required to run it as a B&B and the fire alarm system is fully certified for such use.
With its positioning between the High Street and Seafront, Maplewood House is conveniently located close to all the town's amenities.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-50890231.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 5858231. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Turners, Ilfracombe. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.