6 bedroom character property for saleMiddleton-By-Youlgrave, Bakewell
- Flexible four bedroom family living accommodation plus
- A two bedroom barn conversion ideal as holiday cottage offering a potential income
- Lies between Bradford & Lathkill Dale
- Extensive gardens amounting to approx 1.2 acres
A substantial circa 1700 four bedroom family residence with self contained two bedroom barn conversion nestled in approximately 1.2 acres of gardens. Flexible family living accommodation occupying a picturesque Peak Park setting, ideal for dependant relative or offering income as a holiday cottage.
A substantial circa 1700 stone built four bedroom family residence with self contained two bedroom barn conversion nestled in approximately 1.2 acres including generous gardens with vegetable plot, croft and fruit trees. Ideal as small holding the flexible accommodation is ideal for dependent relative or holiday cottage. Retaining charm and character with off road parking, vaulted cellar and sauna. With original period features alongside modern fittings occupying a central position in the picturesque Derbyshire village of Middleton By Youlgrave with easy access to local walks and cycle trails, shops and amenities within Youlgrave and Lady Manners school catchment.
Glazed Entrance Hall
An entrance hall central to both properties with glazed roof, rear aspect double glazed windows and door leading to the rear. Double doors open into:
With tiled floor, staircase leading to the first floor and access to vaulted cellar.
Kitchen / Breakfast Room 14' x 13' 5" maximum measurements ( 4.27m x 4.09m maximum measurements )
Bespoke kitchen with central island and block work top, inset Belfast sink and Elan range. With side and rear aspect, space for fridge and freezer, radiator, tiled floor and built in larder cupboard. Double glazed door leads to the exterior.
Dining Room 14' 9" x 14' 2" maximum measurements ( 4.50m x 4.32m maximum measurements )
With front and rear aspect windows and tiled floor.
Front Entrance Porch
With tiled floor and entrance door.
Living Room 15' 6" x 14' 11" maximum measurement ( 4.72m x 4.55m maximum measurement )
With front aspect stone mullioned windows with seat beneath and rear aspect double glazed window. An impressive feature fireplace houses a log burning stove, also with two radiators.
Study 9' 5" x 5' 10" ( 2.87m x 1.78m )
With staircase leading to the first floor, front aspect double glazed window, glazed front entrance door and radiator.
With doors opening into:
Bedroom One 16' x 15' 6" maximum measurements ( 4.88m x 4.72m maximum measurements )
A double bedroom with front aspect double glazed window, stripped plank flooring and rear aspect window. A connecting door opens to the first floor landing.
Bedroom Four 9' 5" x 5' 11" not full head height ( 2.87m x 1.80m not full head height )
With front aspect double glazed window, stripped plank flooring and radiator.
Comprising shower enclosure with glazed screen with overhead shower, pedestal wash hand basin and low flush WC. With rear aspect double glazed window, partially tiled walls and ladder style heated towel rail.
Bedroom Two 15' 8" x 14' 8" ( 4.78m x 4.47m )
A dual aspect double bedroom with front and side facing double glazed windows. With decorative cast iron fireplace, stripped plank flooring and radiator.
First Floor Landing
With timber balustrade, side aspect stone mullioned window and further side aspect window.
Bedroom Three 14' 3" x 9' 4" maximum measurements ( 4.34m x 2.84m maximum measurements )
A double bedroom with side aspect double glazed window and radiator.
Comprising panelled bath, low flush WC and wash hand basin set in tiled counter top with storage cupboard beneath. With side aspect double glazed window, built in storage cupboard and radiator.
From the glazed entrance hall a stable style door opens into:
Sitting Room 19' 3" x 13' 8" measurements include staircase ( 5.87m x 4.17m measurements include staircase )
A spacious sitting room with front and rear aspect double glazed windows, stripped plank flooring and staircase leading to the first floor. With two radiators and a glazed door leading to the rear.
Dining Kitchen 12' 6" x 12' 1" maximum measurements ( 3.81m x 3.68m maximum measurements )
Comprising wall and base units with inset stainless sink and tiled splashback. Space for electric cooker, washing machine, fridge and freezer. With tiled floor, double glazed front aspect entrance door and built in storage cupboard.
First Floor Landing
With stripped plank flooring, exposed roof trusses, wooden balustrade and overhead storage space. Also with radiator.
Bedroom One 14' 1" x 10' 6" ( 4.29m x 3.20m )
A double bedroom with front and side aspect double glazed window, stripped plank flooring, exposed stone walling and radiator.
Bedroom Two 15' 5" x 8' 1" ( 4.70m x 2.46m )
A double bedroom with front aspect double glazed window, stripped plank flooring and exposed stone work. Also with beams and radiator.
A white suite comprising shower enclosure with glazed screen, pedestal wash hand basin and low flush WC. With rear aspect double glazed window, tiled floor and radiator.
Accessed from the courtyard the utility room includes sink, space and plumbing for washing machine and storage cupboards.
Exterior And Gardens
The property is approached via a gated driveway providing off road parking for several vehicles. The front enclosed garden includes a central pathway, planted beds and borders.
Generous enclosed rear gardens including raised seating terraces, mature planted beds and borders with specimen trees and shrubs, arched pergola with climbing plants, rose beds, vegetable garden and croft. The total plot amounts to approximately 1.2 acres.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-50972483.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BAK103271. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bagshaws Residential, Bakewell. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.