4 bedroom detached house for salePost Box Cottage, West Rasen, Market Rasen
Fixed Price £335,000
- Beautiful Character Property, formerly Post Office
- Grade II Listed
- Self Contained Annexe
- Extensive Plot with Substantial Living Accommodation
- Rural Village Location
Post Box Cottage is a beautiful Grade II listed thatched roof detached home which occupies a prominent corner position along with an extensive plot within the village of West Rasen. The property offers versatile and deceptively spacious accommodation with ample off road parking.
Post Box Cottage is a beautiful Grade II listed thatched roof detached home which occupies a prominent corner position along with an extensive plot within the village of West Rasen. The property offers both versatile and deceptively spacious accommodation which can only be fully appreciated by an internal inspection. The property lies on the edge of the Lincolnshire Wolds which is known for being an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty whilst boasting access links to nearby Market Rasen and the Cathedral City of Lincoln where a range of amenities can be found. This former Village Post Office/Store would appeal to a multiple of potential purchasers from families to professionals and offers a wealth of Character and space in a cleverly extended L shape lay out. The property further benefits from an attached but self contained annex which could be utilised for a variety of things or it could equally be incorporated as general extended living accommodation.
access to the property via gated fence leading to pathway giving access to the solid wooden front door.
Ground Floor Accommodation
Kitchen / Diner
A spacious family kitchen with a range of bespoke and well appointed fitted solid oak base and wall units with granite worksurfaces, sink unit, central feature work station, brick fireplace with open chimney and space for a stove/burner, electric oven and hob, beams to ceiling, travertine floor tiles and open access leading into an adjacent dining area. This room was formerly utilised as the village post office.
A spacious reception room with handmade terracotta tiled flooring, brick feature fireplace with LPG gas stove as the main focal point, beams to ceiling and stairs rising to the first floor.
Having a continuation of the handmade terracotta tile flooring incorporating a motif of the "four seasons" in hand painted tiles and doors to further extended ground floor accommodation/attached annex
With a ceramic double Butler sink, gas fire with back boiler, range of wall and base units, tiled flooring, space and plumbing for washing machine and water softener.
Housing the airing cupboard and with access leading to bathroom and to the self contained annex which could also be incorporated into general extended accommodation for principle living.
A well appointed family bathroom comprising a four piece suite of bath, wash hand basin, WC and double shower cubicle; finished with tiled flooring and heated towel rails, benefitting from complete modernisation
Landing To The First Floor
Having a window to the front aspect and sloping ceiling.
Having a window to the front aspect and sloping ceiling.
Door leading from Bedroom One. A versatile space suitable for many uses with a window to the side aspect and sloping ceilings.
Ground Floor Annexe
Accessed both from the main accommodation and also separately via a porch leading through to Hallway. This versatile extension could be utilised as extended principle accommodation, a separate self contained annex and completes the building in an L shape.
Having pine base cupboards to walls and floor with worksurfaces over, sink unit, boiler, gas cooker and airing cupboard. Access to loft.
Completely Refurbished Bathroom with window to the rear aspect comprising w.c, hand basin, panel enclosed white bath with tiled walls and decorative borders and tiled flooring.
Having a brick fireplace and door leading to garden.
Having a window to the rear aspect. A spacious and versatile room.
The property possess an extensive plot which can only be appreciated by viewing and which is divided into a small front aspect garden with picket fencing and gated access to the property, mature borders and shrubs. The rear Garden is extensively laid to lawn with block paved pathways and useful outbuilding/store. There is a further garden area with a variety of fruit trees including apple, pear, plum and hazelnut tree and a gravelled driveway to the side aspect leading to the Detached Double Garage being 7 feet in height with electric door, lighting and power within and an alarm. The property offers parking for multiple cars and hardstanding for caravan parking.
A well appointed large plot with various options to be altered to any potential buyers liking.
From Market Rasen continue out of town on the A631 in the direction of Gainsborough. As you enter West Rasen, Post Box Cottage is situated on the right hand side.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LCR108524. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Lincoln. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.