4 bedroom detached house for saleWest Hill Road, Lyme Regis, Dorset
- A stunning contemporary-style single storey residence
- Highly sought after residential road with no through traffic
- Views to the sea, over Lyme Regis and surrounding countryside
- 4 double bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, open plan sitting/dining/family room/kitchen
- Just under 1/5th acre. Parking to front and rear. Landscaped gardens.
The property is pleasantly located in West Hill Road, a sought-after residential cul-de-sac of good quality individual properties and enjoys a sunny aspect with delightful views to the sea, over Lyme Regis and the surrounding countryside.
Lyme Regis is a picturesque and historic coastal town famous for The Cobb and harbour. The town retains numerous historic buildings and offers good shopping, business and leisure facilities. It is located on the stunning World Heritage Coastline known as the Jurassic Coast and the immediate locality is designated as being one of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Lyme Regis is a thriving community with cinema, theatre, arts, jazz and fossil festivals plus sailing and boating activities.
At nearby Axminster there is a main line service to London and the historic market town of Bridport is within only about 20 minutes drive to the east.
The larger centres of Exeter and Taunton are both within only about 45 minutes driving distance.
The property is a very impressive contemporary-style home offering stunning accommodation and many excellent features. The original bungalow dates back to circa 1965 being of traditional cavity construction and under the current ownership since 2014 was taken back to 'shell like' form and cleverly re-modelled and refurbished to create a wonderful highly individual contemporary-style home. The accommodation has been very well thought out with plenty of natural light and takes advantage of great views to the sea, over the town and surrounding hills.
The many excellent features include:-
* Gas fired central heating (zoned and part underfloor).
* Superb freestanding 2 way wood burner/multi-fuel stove.
* Aluminium powder coated double glazed windows and bi-folding doors.
* Contemporary kitchen with slate worktops and stainless steel cooker range.
* Solid oak flooring.
* Contemporary oak veneer internal doors.
* Solid oak front door.
* Very attractive bathroom/shower room fittings including roll-top bath and rain showers.
* Aluminium guttering.
* Attractive well landscaped gardens enjoying good privacy.
* Good off road parking facilities with garaging potential.
The stunning open plan sitting/dining/family room/kitchen is the focal point featuring a central freestanding 2 way wood burner/multi-fuel stove, well fitted kitchen and Stoves stainless steel cooker range and full width bi-folding doors onto the south-facing terrace and gardens. A separate utility room, rear boot room, principal bedroom suite comprising dressing room, en suite bathroom/shower and separate WC, 2nd bedroom with en suite shower room and separate WC, 2 further double bedrooms and bathroom.
The property would make an ideal permanent or second home or holiday letting investment.
The property enjoys landscaped and well stocked front and rear gardens.
The large front gardens enjoy the sunny southerly aspect and excellent views, being laid to lawn together with a whole range of shrubs, adjoining elevated paved sun terrace and timber studio. The rear garden again has areas of lawn, numerous shrubs, a paved terrace, bicycle shed and garden shed.
There are off road parking facilities to the front and also to the rear with potential for garaging.
HOLIDAY LETTING BUSINESS
A very successful holiday letting business has been operated until very recently generating excellent income. More information is available on request.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51042009.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BRI170347. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, Bridport. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.