1 bedroom cottage for sale43 The Park, Closeburn, Thornhill, Dumfriesshire, DG3 5JP
Under Offer £74,950
- Solid Fuel Central Heating
MID TERRACED COTTAGE SET IN THE QUIET HAMLET OF PARK, CLOSEBURN LYING APPROX. 12 MILES NORTH OF DUMFRIES.
THE PARK IS A SMALL HAMLET LYING APPROXIMATELY ONE MILE FROM THE LARGER VILLAGE OF CLOSEBURN WHICH LIES ON THE A76. IT HAS ITS OWN GENERAL STORE/SUB POST OFFICE, CHURCH AND PRIMARY SCHOOL.
TWO MILES NORTH LIES THORNHILL, A PICTURESQUE VILLAGE WITH WIDE STREETS LINED WITH LIME TREES. THERE ARE EXCELLENT PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOLS WITHIN THE VILLAGE WHICH ALSO HAS A QUALITY 18-HOLE GOLF COURSE, A THRIVING BOWLING CLUB AND TENNIS AND SQUASH CLUBS. THE AREA IS WELL KNOWN FOR SALMON AND TROUT FISHING IN THE RIVER NITH AND ITS TRIBUTARIES AND FOR ITS SHOOTING AND HILL WALKING OPPORTUNITIES. FOUR MILES TO THE NORTH LIES DRUMLANRIG CASTLE, HOME OF THE DUKE OF BUCCLEUCH AND QUEENSBERRY.
THE ACCOMMODATION COMPRISES:-
Double glazed panelled storm door to the hallway which has 2 x 13 amp power points. Dimplex white meter radiator.
14' 3" X 12' 1"
Window to the front. Wooden mantle and tiled hearth housing a solid fuel enclosed fire which serves the radiators. Double central heating radiator. 8 x 13 amp power points. Fitted carpet.
10' 7" X 5' 10"
Work tops, base units and wall cupboards with single drainer sink unit. Plumbed for automatic washing machine. Single central heating radiator. Double glazed panelled storm door to the rear. Vinyl floor covering. Xpelair. 6 x 13 amp power points. Strip light. Access to the loft.
14' 4" X 11' 11" (At widest points)
Well proportioned room with a window with a deep set sill to the front. Double central heating radiator. Fitted carpet. 4 x 13 amp power points. Fitted carpet.
10' 5" X 5' 7"
Bath with Mira Sports shower unit above with fully tiled surround, wash hand basin and WC. Double central heating radiator. Wall mounted Dimplex radiator. Frosted glass window with deep set sill.
The garden to the rear is laid out in grey chips with three steps up to the lawn which has flower borders and a wooden garden shed and which enjoys open views to the hills. Outside light. Pedestrian access round of the end of the terrace.
1. Services: Mains water, electricity and drainage. Prospective purchasers are advised that the Selling Agents have not tested any of the services or any of the appliances to be included in the sale and accordingly prospective purchasers are advised to check the position for themselves prior to proceeding with an offer for the property.
2. A closing date for offers may be fixed and therefore it would be advisable for prospective purchasers to register their interest with the Selling Agents.
3. These particulars have been carefully prepared by Messrs Pollock & McLean, Solicitors and Estate Agents. Although believed to be correct they are not guaranteed and therefore prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves as to the basic facts before submitting an offer.
4. Post Code DG3 5JP
Council Tax Band B
5. All internal photographs have been taken using a wide angled lens
6. Entry by arrangement
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51641861.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 43ThePark. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Pollock & Mclean Solicitors & Estate Agents, Thornhill. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.