This property has been removed by the agent. It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market

View similar properties

Residential Development for sale

Great Yarmouth

Under Offer £895,000

Property Description

Key features

  • Great value modern accommodation
  • 29 residential apartments
  • 2 Lifts to each floor
  • 49 Car Parking Spaces
  • Great views across Yarmouth Port and River Yare
  • Close to town centre

Full description

RESIDENTIAL CONVERSION TO TWENTY NINE FLATS - A BUILDING OF SIX FLOORS WITH LIFTS - A unique opportunity to buy the freehold of this landmark building with substantial curtilage currently compromising of 49 car parking spaces.Crown House is a building erected by the government about 40 years ago and has been regarded as surplus to their office requirement.The current owners purchased the building to convert to residential flat units and have obtained a planning consent for 29 mainly 2 bedroom units and work has started on two floors.The owner has other commitments which will prevent the development being delivered for about 24 months and has reluctantly decided to bring the scheme to the market.There is scope to improve the scheme by further new build development or utilising other parts of the building (all subject to further planning consents).

In the event a planning consent is obtained for further units on the curtilage, there will be a requirement in the contract to make an additional overage payment to the seller for 50% of the improvement in value created by the new consent. The overage will be in force for 25 years.

Legal Costs 
Each party is to be responsible for their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.

Planning Consent 
Planning consent was granted on the 28th October 2013. The planning reference is 06/12/0196/F. The consent is for Conversion of and change of use to residential from offices and provision of 29 self-contained 1 & 2 bedroom flats.

Completed Project 
As proposed the completed Project will comprise of: Ground Floor - two 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom apartments First - Fifth Floor - five 2-bedroom apartments Pyramid Roof- has accommodation

Stores Car Parking for 49 cars

The plans prepared by Andrew Middleton are available for inspection or on our web page at


Vacant Possession

More information from this agent

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)

Map & Street View

Disclaimer - Property reference 2075775. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Aldreds, Great Yarmouth - Commercial. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.

* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by

Map data OpenStreetMap contributors.