9 bedroom detached house for saleFarquhar Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Spectacular Edwardian family residence
- Edgbaston's most prestigious road
- Nine/ten bedrooms
- Five substantial reception rooms
- Magnificent wine cellarage
- Exceptional bespoke breakfast kitchen
- Luxurious soundproofed cinema
- Superb rear gardens
This substantial three storey Edwardian family home, which offers nearly 10,000 square feet of accommodation with nine to ten bedrooms, is set behind electric gates in mature and secluded grounds with a wide frontage in Farquhar Road, widely regarded as Birmingham's premier residential location.
FOR FULL DETAILS PLEASE CLICK ON THE PDF BROCHURE BELOW AND THE VIRTUAL TOUR TAB ABOVE.
Description - Built at the turn of the twentieth century, there are few Edwardian houses in Edgbaston that could match the grandeur of The Rose Revived. An exceptional 7 double bedroomed residence on arguably the best location in the area and boasting a multitude of impressive features throughout.
Taking on the renovation of a project of this magnitude was no mean feat, yet with foresight, patience and a determined perseverance to restore this property to its former glory, it stands today as a grand testimony to the vendors diligence and vision. From the moment you approach the property through the private gated entrance and secluded screened position, it is clear to see why this is such a unique opportunity to acquire one of the area’s most prestigious houses. Leading up the large stone steps and under the huge stone arch to the main entrance you are greeted by the stunning oak and stained glass entrance depicting the “the Rose Revived”. Continuing through the property there is an array of original features blended seamlessly with luxurious fixtures, fittings and décor - from stunning stained glass windows and period fireplaces, to beautiful stonework archways, panelled walls and parquet flooring. From Fired Earth to Farrow & Ball, and Watson Wright to Sanitan the quality and attention to detail are clear throughout, further enhancing the magnificence of this large family home.
Over 8600 sq ft of living space and is laid out over 4 floors and briefly comprises of: 4 spacious reception rooms, extensive breakfast kitchen, magnificent wine cellar, large conservatory, cinema, 7 double bedrooms, study, dressing room, 3 en-suite bathrooms and a further large family bathroom, back to the ground floor there is also a gym, utility, shower room, separate cloakroom and wc and existing space with its own entrance and exit ideally to be used as an annex for extended family. A privately screened small courtyard behind the utility provides bin storage and separate front access and the double garage has ample storage and electric doors, There is a large private driveway to the front of the property with parking for many cars, and to the rear of the property leading from the extensive patio areas are the stunning private gardens, gardeners workshop, hot tub and green house.
Features Of A Particular Note - • As you would expect from a property of this stature, the grand entrance hall does not disappoint, from the oak and stained glass doorway to the large archways framing the magnificent central oak staircase where the original parquet flooring compliments a delightful pewter fireplace.
• Flag stone flooring leads in to the bespoke, hand built Watson Wright kitchen, combining functionality with flawless design. The honed marble work tops and English Oak units blend beautifully with the original built in butler’s pantry, Aga and Victorian dresser creating a superb family kitchen worthy of the property.
• The original coach house has been created as a stunning Family Room, with its incredibly high vaulted ceilings, Victorian skylight and a multitude of exposed beams together with duel aspect French Doors to the terraces beyond and a fabulous large Limestone open fireplace. Excellent entertainment space flowing beautifully through from the kitchen
• As you descend the blue brick steps and rope handle, you sense the anticipation that leads to a very special wine cellar indeed. Constructed to the very highest standards, this space has been beautifully created to offer the most discerning connoisseur a luxurious haven for wine. To the front of the cellar is the private bar and separate dining area with the clever use of merchants wine boxes to create a unique and stylish wall covering. Moving from this to the temperature controlled area behind large glass panels and double oak doors is the magnificent wine cellarage and tasting bar complete with its vast bottle storage and pull out oak shelves for easy access.
• Using the very latest technology the soundproofed Cinema creates a luxurious entertainment hub, complete with remote controlled blinds, lighting, audio and visuals to compliment the giant screen.
• As a legacy to an early owner of the Rose Revived and respected local glass merchant, the tall striking bevelled glass windows to the formal dining room create an exquisite space for formal entertaining, window seats overlook the front of the property and with the concertina oak doors the room can be opened up to flow through to the sitting room at the rear.
• Large luxurious living room with a stunning centre piece open fireplace with its pewter inset and black marble surround. Following the Double French doors, side panels and windows to either side of the fireplace also display the stunning bevelled glass, creating a truly unique feature overlooking the beautiful gardens beyond
• Affectionately known as the “Scottish Room” the front study offers a peaceful space to work, read and relax, large Edwardian windows over-looking the private front driveway and the stunning feature fireplace creates a lovely focal point
• Taking in the magnificent gardens through the large triple sash windows, the sumptuous master bedroom creates a tranquil, elegant escape. Beautiful décor and 6 elegant double wardrobes compliment the style.
• To the top floor is the fabulous Neville Russell oak fitted office, creating a spacious working environment, complete with filing cabinets, drinks fridge, coffee bar, and ample storage, there is also a reception area for guests, and further large storage space in 3 built in eves cupboards.
• The quality throughout the bathrooms together with the three excellent en-suites is clearly demonstrated with the use of superior sanitary wear such as Daryl and Sanitan. On the quirky side the property boasts not one, but two, original and now much sought after Thomas Krappa wc’
The Grounds - As a perfect setting for this stunning family home is the equally superb gardens beyond, bathed in light yet privately screened with an abundance of mature trees and shrubs including Copper Beach, Spruce, Laurels and Acers. From the substantial flagstone patio area where the wisteria adorns the rear of the property to the extensive sweeping lawns, the Rose Revived has an enviable position to both the fore and rear gardens with its exceptionally wide plot, very private frontage and equally concealed rear. From the conservatory you access the pretty side gardens, with a lovely lawned area interspersed with Buxus borders and Rose beds, to the charming little summer house and raised vegetable beds. Sitting beneath the pergola is the luxurious sizable hot tub, complete with an abundance of mature grapes from the vines overhead offering the perfect shade for a soak in the water. For the gardeners the grounds have both potting sheds and greenhouse and to the top of the garden, behind an original old stable door where Rhododendrons, Lilacs and Hebes frame the grounds.
Tenure & Services - TENURE: FREEHOLD.
SERVICES: Mains electricity, gas, water and drainage are connected.
LOCAL AUTHORITY: Birmingham City Council - 0121 303 9944
WATER AUTHORITY: Severn Trent Water - 0345 500500
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51790507.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 25852494. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Solihull. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.