2 bedroom cottage for saleMarsh Road, Scholes, Holmfirth
Guide Price £155,000
- ***GUIDE PRICE £155,000 - £165,000***
- Two Bedroom Cottage
- Located In The Heart Of Scholes Village
- Converted Cellar With Private Access To Rear
- No Upper Vendor Chain
- Ample Off Road Parking, Garden To Rear
***GUIDE PRICE £155,000 - £165,000***
A RARELY AVAILABLE TWO BEDROOM COTTAGE WITH CELLAR ROOMS THAT CAN BE USED AS ANNEX ACCOMMODATION OR WORK ROOMS WITH PRIVATE ACCESS. THE PROPERTY IS LOCATED IN THE HEART OF SCHOLES VILLAGE AND INCLUDES AMPLE OFF ROAD PARKING AND A GARDEN.
***GUIDE PRICE £155,000 - £165,000***
The property is situated in Scholes, a Pennine hilltop village, situated 1 mile (2 km) to the southeast and above Holmfirth, 7 miles (11 km) southwest of Huddersfield, in the Holme Valley of West Yorkshire, England.
This character home includes a tanked and converted cellar with its own access, ideal for those working from home or looking for additional communal space. The property is offered for sale in a walk in condition with no vendor chain.
Entrance Porch 19' 6" x 3' 10" plus door and window recess ( 5.94m x 1.17m plus door and window recess )
The entrance porch has tiled flooring and is mostly glazed. A door leads to the entrance hallway.
The entrance hallway is carpeted and has stairs leading to the first floor. Doors lead to the lounge and the dining kitchen.
Lounge 17' 9" x 11' 9" max ( 5.41m x 3.58m max )
A spacious room with polished wooden floor boards, character features include stained leaded windows to the front and a stone fireplace housing an electric fire. The room benefits from two wall mounted lights and a radiator.
Dining Kitchen 18' x 8' 7" max ( 5.49m x 2.62m max )
The kitchen area has vinyl flooring and the dining area is carpeted. The room benefits from a high gloss fitted kitchen with complementary worktop over, a sink and drainer. Integrated appliances include an electric hob and oven with extractor fan and hood over, a feature stone fireplace and two radiators. The room has a double glazed window to the rear and a stained glass leaded window to the front elevation. There is space for a washing machine and fridge freezer. A door leads to the cellar.
Lower Ground Floor
There are three useful cellar rooms.
Cellar Room One 11' 8" plus door recess x 8' 1" ( 3.56m plus door recess x 2.46m )
This room has stone flooring and a vaulted ceiling. There is a pedestrian door leading to the side, a window to the side and a radiator.
Cellar Room Two 11' 8" plus door recess x 8' ( 3.56m plus door recess x 2.44m )
This room is carpeted. There is a door and window to the side elevation. The room has a feature radiator and a beautiful vaulted ceiling.
Cellar Room Three 12' max incl stairs x 8' 10" ( 3.66m max incl stairs x 2.69m )
A carpeted room with the original stone storage shelves and a bench. There is yet another beautiful vaulted ceiling, a feature radiator and stairs leading to the ground floor dining kitchen.
The landing is carpeted and there is a feature leaded window to the rear elevation. Doors lead to two bedrooms and the bathroom.
Bedroom One 12' 1" x 9' 11" max ( 3.68m x 3.02m max )
A carpeted room with a radiator and feature leaded windows to the front.
Bedroom Two 12' max x 9' 2" max plus door recess ( 3.66m max x 2.79m max plus door recess )
A well presented carpeted room with a beautiful leaded window to the front. The room benefits from a radiator and the bulkhead is housed here with hanging space over.
Bathroom 8' 7" x 6' max including bath ( 2.62m x 1.83m max including bath )
The bathroom has vinyl flooring, a built in cupboard, a radiator and a leaded window to the rear. The suite comprises a bath with rain head shower over, a low level WC and a pedestal wash hand basin.
To the side of the property is a gravelled driveway with ample room for parking and hardstanding for a shed. To the rear the garden is tiered with a lawned area and a patio area. There is right of way across the rear of the property for the flat above.
From our offices on Victoria Street veer left onto Market Walk. Turn right onto Dunford Road. Turn immediately left onto South Lane and continue forward onto Cinderhills Road. Continue forward onto Sandy Gate and turn left onto Paris. Turn right onto White Wells Road and then turn right onto Marsh Road where the property is situated on the right hand side identified by our for sale board
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51892441.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HMF103842. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Holmfirth. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.