5 bedroom detached house for saleBurtons Lane, Wellington Heath, Ledbury, Herefordshire, HR8
Sold STC £895,000
- 3 Bathrooms
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Reception Rooms
- 6062 Approx Sq Ft
An imposing, 8 bedroom Grade II Listed country house with attached cottage, requiring some refurbishment, in a semi rural location
* The attached 2 bedroom cottage (713 sq ft) benefits from separate access and could be suitable for extended family or rental for additional income. * Attractive, mature gardens frame this imposing property and are planted with a variety of specimen shrubs & trees interspersed with attractive rose and flower beds, a large lily pond to the rear provides a tranquil haven to enjoy the wildlife and the peaceful surroundings. * A productive kitchen garden offers the perfect opportunity for home grown, organic produce and there are two paddocks; ideal for ponies, chickens or other livestock. * There are numerous outbuildings, including a former stable block, which offer potential for a variety of uses; plus a pool house with indoor swimming pool which is accessed directly across the courtyard. * Ample parking for several vehicles and triple carport with inspection pit.
Mains water & electricity, shared private septic tank drainage. Oil-fired central heating, electric heating to second floor apartment and cottage. The cottage has an oil-fired Rayburn which supplements hot water and bathroom radiator.
Herefordshire County Council: 01432 260000
Band "G" - £2,616.93 (2015/16)
Not required, the property is Listed
The property is Grade II Listed
* Primary: Ledbury, Bosbury, Colwall & Eastnor * Secondary: Ledbury and Malvern. For further information visit www.herefordshire.gov.uk * Independent: Colwall, Malvern, Worcester and Hereford all have some excellent independent schools. For further information visit www.isc.co.uk
Grant & Co and their clients give notice that: 1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. 2. These particulars have been prepared in good faith to give a fair overall view of the property, do not form any part of an offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. 3. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. The Agents has not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Fixtures & Fittings Unless mentioned specifically all fixtures & fittings are excluded from the sale.
From Ledbury: Head north through Ledbury high street, passing the rail station, turning right immediately onto the B4214 Bromyard road. Proceed along this road for approximately 1 mile, take the second right turning onto Burtons Lane, signposted to Wellington Heath. Continue up this lane for approximately 0.5 miles and just beyond the brow, after a double driveway on your left, turn left into a private entrance, turning almost immediately right into Uplands, beside the period barn.
By prior appointment via Grant & Co Estate Agents on 01531 637341
The access road is owned but the farming neighbour has a right of way. There is another gateway that could provide an alternative new access to the property.
Summary of Features
* Substantial Grade II Listed property with attached 2 bedroom cottage and 1 bedroom apartment * 5 bedrooms on the first floor plus 3 further attic bedrooms, games room and 2 family bathrooms * Large entrance hall, 4 reception rooms; drawing room with large stone inglenook fireplace * Kitchen/breakfast room with walk-in larder, separate utility room and cellar * Mature gardens; including kitchen garden, 2 paddocks, Victorian greenhouse & lily pond * Ample parking, triple carport, garden store, traditional outbuildings, one with swimming pool
* Mileages: Ledbury 2½ miles, Malvern 7 miles, Hereford & Ross-on-Wye 15 miles, Worcester 18 miles, Cheltenham 31 miles, Birmingham 66 miles * Road: M50 (Jct 2) 8 miles, M5 (Jct 8) 19 miles * Railway: Ledbury, Malvern (direct services to Birmingham & London) * Airport: Birmingham (63 miles), Bristol (64 miles)
In all about 3 Acres.
Uplands nestles on the outskirts of the rural village of Wellington Heath in a secluded position with fine views over east Herefordshire countryside and within a short drive of the nearby market town of Ledbury. Renowned for its beautiful, timeless appeal, this area of Herefordshire is characterised by traditional & modern farming with undulating countryside and ample woodland. The region offers a sought after rural idyll combined with excellent communication links to the rest of the country.
* Uplands (6062 sq ft) is a remarkable Grade II Listed stone-built property believed to date from c.1570. * The property retains many original features, including exposed beams, stone mullioned windows, fireplaces & impressive chimney stacks; a reminder of the property's historic status. * Significant investment will be required to refurbish this house & cottage. * Aga kitchen/breakfast room with scope to enlarge, subject to the necessary consents. * The 1 bedroom apartment (775 sq ft), situated on the second floor, would be ideal as a guest suite or for independent children. * A beautiful carved wooden Victorian staircase leads to a large and light landing, overlooking the garden.
Wellington Heath has a village hall and well known village pub. The nearby market town of Ledbury provides a comprehensive range of domestic, retail and leisure facilities as well as a Cottage Hospital, two doctors' surgeries, Ledbury Market Theatre and railway station. Culturally, Ledbury is host to the renowned annual Poetry Festival and participates in H'Art (Herefordshire Art Week). More extensive retail and cultural opportunities are available in Hereford, Worcester and Cheltenham. Birmingham, Bristol and Cardiff are all very accessible.
The spectacular Malvern Hills are nearby and provide a wealth of sporting and recreational opportunities. The Three Counties Showground near Malvern plays host to a wide variety of events throughout the year from national garden shows, concerts and antique fairs to agricultural and equestrian events. Eastnor Castle hosts a wide variety of seasonal public events.
The region is renowned for its strong equestrian industry. Hill Top Cross Country course is 0.25 miles away. Hartpury Equestrian College and Kings Equestrian Centre (Bromyard) are both within easy driving distance and play host to a series of year round competitions ranging from novice to International levels. Racing is at Worcester and Cheltenham.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-52361753.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HFD150135. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Grant & Co, Ledbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.