7 bedroom leisure facility for salePorlock, Somerset
- Set in the centre of the popular tourist village of Porlock with all the facilities and amenities within walking distance.
- Positioned on the A39 with high visibility for passing trade.
- Well located between the Bristol Channel and Exmoor National Park.
- 1 mile from the sea, South West Coastal Path & picturesque Porlock Weir.
- Detached 3 bedroom bungalow re-built in 2002 with garden and parking.
- Purpose built in 2004 with disabled access in mind. Four open plan 1 bedroom cottages in a terrace with allocated parking.
- Home with income with Bed & Breakfast potential if required.
- Potential to add a mezzanine bedroom area to each of the cottages, subject to the necessary consents.
- Gross turnover of £42,424 year ending October 2014.
The property has been re-built in 2002 to a high standard and provides a 3 bedroom detached property for owners accommodation with the benefits of the Sitting Room being at first floor to take advantage of the views to the Bristol Channel. The bungalow is oil fired central heating and has a private garden with a high degree of privacy.
The property is currently held on two deeds and the cottages have a rateable value under Business Rates of £6,600 in 2016.
The property has been in the same ownership since 2002 and the holiday letting cottages are let out via a national agent, Cottages 4 You, and are promoted via their website being www.shipmews.co.uk.
Ship Mews provides four open plan 1 bedroom holiday cottages in a terrace of considerable charm. The cottages include vaulted ceilings and wooden shutters to the front. They were built to a high standard in 2004 and have the potential to add a mezzanine floor to provide an extra bedroom area, subject to the necessary consents.
The business currently has a total turnover of £42,424 split between the Mews with a turnover of £31,818 and the bungalow with a turnover of £10,606 year ending October 2015.
There is potential to increase the turnover of the business if you are an owner occupier and you are prepared to take 1-2 night breaks which are extremely popular in this area with walkers as it is the first leg of the South West Coastal path from Minehead.
The property is set in Exmoor National Park in the centre of the village with Exmoor being extremely popular with walkers, cyclists and horse riders due to its enhanced public access. Trading information can be provided to bona fide purchasers.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-52473256.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
- View Picture 10 for this property See full size version online
- View Picture 1 for this property See full size version online
- View Picture 11 for this property See full size version online
- View Picture 12 for this property See full size version online
- View Picture 13 for this property See full size version online
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TMC140028. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts Commercial, Taunton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.