4 bedroom detached house for saleDoric Green, Howgill Lane, Sedbergh, Cumbria
- A fine and individual detached house of distinctive design.
- Superb plot of around three quarters of an acre.
- Beautifully laid out, established gardens and grounds.
- Fabulous views.
- Very spacious, versatile and tastefully presented family accommodation.
- Two reception rooms and a first floor sitting room/study.
- Well fitted kitchen with built-in appliances, and a utility room.
- Four good sized bedrooms.
- Garage and ample parking.
- Delightful edge of town location within easy reach of Sedbergh town centre.
A superb detached four bedroom dwelling house of distinctive design offering versatile, very spacious and neatly presented family accommodation together with a garage, ample parking and beautiful landscaped gardens and grounds of around three quarters of an acre.
Fabulous edge of town location adjoining open countryside with breathtaking views, convenient for Sedbergh town centre. Energy Rating "D".
Coming into Sedbergh from the motorway along the A684 road proceed towards the town centre. Just before the town centre turn left into Highfield Road [second left after the Spar Shop]. Follow the road to a T-junction and turn left onto Howgill Lane. Follow the road for about a quarter of a mile and Doric Green will be found on the left-hand side, just past Bynac Close.
Doric Green is set well back from the road in a discreet position, screened from the road by shrubs and trees.
The property is located on the north-western edge of Sedbergh adjoining open countryside to the rear and overlooking the magnificent Howgill Fells from the front.
Whilst the house is located on the edge of the town it remains within walking distance of the town centre.
The historic market town of Sedbergh, renowned for its highly regarded private school and book shops, provides a good range of shops, leisure, cultural and educational amenities including excellent private and state schools. The town is within the Yorkshire Dales National Park and is very conveniently placed for junction 37 of the M6 motorway and for Dent, Kirkby Lonsdale, Kendal and the Lake District.
The house is set well back from the road and occupies a delightful tree lined plot with extensive gardens and grounds of around three quarters of an acre.
A wide tarmacadam driveway, secured by a five bar farm gate, leads to a parking and turning area with ample room for several motor vehicles.
The stone walled front garden features specimen Scots Pine and Larch trees together with a fine array of Rhododendrons and Azaleas which are a mass of colour during the Spring and Summer.
The garden on the south-east side of the house has rockeries, herbaceous borders, a paved pathway, a strip of lawn and a timber garden shed [with power and lighting]. On the other side of the house is a greenhouse [with power], vegetable plot and fruit garden.
The main garden is to the rear of the house which faces south-west. This lovely garden features a wide expanse of lawn, herbaceous borders, a sun patio/terrace, a pergola with an established Wisteria and a wide array of shrubs and trees.
The views from the gardens are superb.
Mains water, gas and electricity. Septic tank drainage.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53077168.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN150353. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.