6 bedroom detached house for saleNorwich Road, Horsham St Faith, Norfolk
A charming late 17th century Grade II family house with annexe, 2 bedroomed cottage and coach house in a secluded setting in the centre of the village with gardens and grounds of about 2.7 acres.
- Drawing room
- Sitting room
- Dining room
- Ancillary store rooms
- Laundry room
- 6 bedrooms
- Annexe with sitting room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom
- Coach House with garaging and games room/office above
- 2 bedroom cottage
- Charming mature gardens and partly wooded grounds with large pond, in all about 2.7 acres.
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Norwich 4 miles
- Aylsham 8 miles
- Coast 16 miles
Gildencroft is approached over a long private driveway and stands in a secluded setting but in the centre of the village of Horsham St Faith which is just 4 miles from the centre of the Cathedral City of Norwich. The village has a good range of amenities including a shop, post office, doctor's surgery, public house whilst there are a selection of supermarkets nearby. The Cathedral City of Norwich is the regional centre, as well as being renowned for its cultural and shopping amenities. There is a permanent market in the centre of the city and a wonderful Cathedral close on the edge of the River Wensum. The city has a mainline railway station and close to the village is Norwich International Airport. The market towns of Aylsham and Holt offer alternative shopping destinations whilst the North Norfolk coast renowned for its sandy beaches and bird reserves is within easy reach as too are the popular Norfolk Broads.
Gildencroft is a fine late 17th Century house which is listed Grade II of being outstanding architectural and historical interest. Believed to have been built in 1680 of mainly brick with some flint and medieval limestone blocks (Caen stone) taken from St Faith's Priory which had been partly demolished in 1553. The house was enlarged and improved during the ownership of the Twinings (1769-1835). During this time it was the home of Richard Twining of the tea family.
Gildencroft is a charming family house having a fine entrance hall with drawing room and sitting room either side. Off the entrance hall is the dining room which is a slightly more informal room and houses the Rayburn with doors through to the kitchen and range of ancillary pantries and store rooms. There is a laundry room and cloakroom beyond. The door from the side lobby leads through to the annexe which comprises large sitting room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. This could easily be re-incorporated back in to the house and would make a fine modern kitchen, dining, living room if required for modern day purposes. On the first floor there are 4 bedrooms and a bathroom with 2 further bedrooms on the second floor. There is ample scope for creating further bathrooms if required.
Outside is a large gravelled courtyard, across which is the original coach house and stable block with the coach house now comprising garaging with stairs to a large games room/office above, whilst the stables have been converted into a separate two bedroomed cottage which has been let in the past. The garden and grounds are a feature of the property and comprise large areas of lawns, surrounded by woodland belts which provide shelter and privacy to the property. There is an area of kitchen garden, a well-stocked orchard, paddock area containing wooden stable and field shelter, chicken house and a large pond. In all, the gardens and grounds extend to about 2.7 acres.
Directions NR10 3AE
Leave Norwich on the A140 Cromer Road and after passing the airport take the turning to the right, signposted to Horsham St Faiths. Follow the road into the village, leave the church on the left and follow the road round along a high brick wall. Continue to Cross Keys Close on the left hand side and take the diagonal drive to a gravelled driveway which leads past one house and on to the entrance to the drive to Gildencroft. Gildencroft is number 56 Norwich Road.
Broadland District Council: House - Band: G, Annual Cost: £2,501.45
Mains water, gas, electricity and drainage are all connected. Gas-fired central heating and gas-fired Rayburn.
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including carpets, curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53102542.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR150288. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.