2 bedroom flat for saleScott Street, GALASHIELS, Scottish Borders
Offers Over £69,950
- Fully Furnished
- Ideal Buy to Let or First Time Buyer Opportunity
- Large Sitting/Dining Room
- Modern Kitchen & Bathroom
- Two Bedrooms
- Private garden with decking
- Walking distance to all town centre amenities and Borders Railway
FANTASTIC BUY TO LET OR FIRST TIME BUYER OPPORTUNITY - FULLY FURNISHED RIGHT DOWN TO THE TEASPOONS
This spacious and well proportioned two bedroom ground floor flat is offered for sale fully furnished, with its own private decked garden area, making it an ideal buy to let or first time buy opportunity. Well presented with modern Kitchen and Bathroom facilities, in a popular residential area close to the town centre and within easy reach of the new Borders Railway.
Ground Floor: Sitting/Dining Room, Kitchen, Two Bedrooms, and Bathroom.
Exterior: Outbuilding, private rear garden with deck.
Edinburgh 32 miles Melrose 5 miles Newcastle 74 miles
(All distances are approximate)
This two bedroom ground floor property forms part of a traditional period building, and is situated in an established residential area in Galashiels, well-known for its stone built Victorian homes and popular with families and commuters, and lies within easy walking distance of the town’s amenities, and the Transport Interchange for both bus services and the new Borders Railway station. Situated in the heart of the Scottish Borders, the flourishing town of Galashiels undoubtedly offers the most extensive range of amenities in the area, with an excellent variety of shops, boutiques, restaurants, supermarkets, pre-school, primary and secondary schooling, and superb sporting, leisure and recreational facilities. The Heriot-Watt Scottish Borders Campus is situated in the town with a thriving student community. Galashiels is easily commutable to Edinburgh via the A7 or A68 trunk roads, and airports are located at Edinburgh and Newcastle.
The east coast main line runs from Berwick-upon-Tweed, and The Borders Railway which opened in September 2015 provides a direct service to Edinburgh in approximately 1 hour from Galashiels and nearby Tweedbank.
107 Scott Street is a well proportioned ground floor flat in an established residential area of the town. The property benefits from its own private front door, has tasteful neutral décor throughout and an elevated private garden with deck to the rear.
The property is accessed through its own private door off a small courtyard area, opening directly in to a modern and well fitted Kitchen which has a good range of white high gloss floor and wall units, ample space for white goods (included). A glazed door leads to the unusually spacious Sitting/Dining Room, which falls naturally into two areas, with sliding doors to shelved storage cupboard, and recessed display with cupboard below. The rear hallway provides access to the main Bedroom which is located to the front of the building, and the Bathroom is well placed between the main Bedroom and Bedroom 2 which is a good sized single room.
Outside: Externally there is plenty of on-street parking and an elevated rear garden boasts a decked area for summer entertaining.
From Edinburgh, head south on the A7 and follow the road through the town, turning right onto Church Street at a small roundabout. Follow the road as it leads past St Paul’s Church on the left, and continue up Scott Street, where the property can be found on the left hand side, approximately half way up the hill.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD1 1DU.
Fixtures and Fittings:
The property is to be sold fully furnished with all carpets/floor coverings, window dressings, Living/Dining and Bedroom furniture, kitchen goods and white goods. However, no guarantees will be issued regarding any furniture or electrical appliances, and these items are sold on an as seen basis.
Mains electric, mains water, mains drainage, gas central heating.
Scottish Borders Council, Council Headquarters, Newtown St Boswells, Melrose
TD6 0SA Tel: 01835 824 000.
Council Tax: A
Internet Web Site:
This property and other properties offered by Edwin Thompson can be viewed on our website at www.edwinthompson.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk and www.onthemarket.com
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Edwin Thompson, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Edwin Thompson. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
Particulars prepared February 2016
Property ref: 121_2523_4054039
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53125921.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 4054039. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Edwin Thompson, Galashiels. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.