4 bedroom equestrian facility for saleUpper Lye, Aymestrey, Herefordshire, HR6
Sold STC £765,000
- 2 Bathrooms
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Reception Rooms
- 1796 Approx Sq Ft
Superb equestrian smallholding set within tranquil and outstanding rural location
High View Farm
* This delightful and well-maintained home is situated in an idyllic and quiet rural situation surrounded by its own land, woodland and gardens with fine views. * The country-style Aga kitchen/breakfast room is lovely and light, perfect for family and informal dining; there is also a separate dining room. * A Clearview wood-burner forms a wonderful focal point for the triple aspect sitting room, which also features French doors leading out to the patio terrace. * 4 double bedrooms, 3 with useful built-in storage/wardrobes, lead off a galleried landing. Shower room and family bathroom. * Additional rooms include a spacious entrance hall, WC and a utility/boot room leading straight out into the garden; the house benefits from UPVC double-glazing throughout.
Located to the north west of Hereford, this attractive rural area lies close to the Shropshire/Herefordshire/Welsh borders, an area known as the Welsh Marches, which has a rich historical background. The parish of Aymestrey is primarily an active farming community but retains a delightfully rural feel of unspoilt countryside; diverse wildlife and boundless peace and tranquillity. The property is nevertheless conveniently located to enjoy good access to the surrounding market towns of Leominster, Ludlow and Tenbury with road and rail commuter links (via Hereford) to the rest of the country.
Summary of Features
* Detached 4 bedroom family home built 1989 (1796 sq ft) with fabulous views * 2 reception rooms, kitchen/breakfast room, utility, 2 bath/shower rooms * Large private gardens, vegetable patch, greenhouse and garden shed * American-style stabling, timber stable block, manège, fenced paddocks and woodland * Private driveway, ample parking plus additional parking for horse lorries/boxes
* Mileages: Aymestrey 3 miles, Kingsland & Shobdon 4 miles, Leominster 9 miles, Ludlow 13 miles, Tenbury Wells 16 miles,Hereford 20 miles, Hay-on-Wye 25½ miles, Worcester 35 miles, Birmingham 68 miles * Road: M50 (Jct 4) 35 miles; M5 (Jct 8) 46 miles * Railway: Leominster, Ludlow & Hereford * Airport: Birmingham (65 miles); Bristol (88 miles)
In all about 26 Acres, including woodland
* A sweeping gravelled driveway flanked by well-maintained lawns leads to the front of the property and generous parking area. * The mature gardens are private and complemented by a patio terrace, perfect for seasonal dining. There is also a greenhouse and garden shed. * Large 12m x 25m agricultural barn housing 4, 10 x 12 and 6, 12 x 12 American-style loose boxes with office and tack/feed rooms. * Additional Kingsland timber stable block, including WC/kitchenette. * 5 large and 3 small post and rail fenced paddocks, all with water supply; 60m x 20m manege with silica sand and rubber surface; generous hard standing parking area suitable for horse lorries/trailers.
Mains electricity complemented by PV Panels (3.9 Kw). Private well water supply (shared with neighbour). Private septic tank drainage. Oil fired central heating/hot water (complemented by solar panels); wood-burner. Electric Aga. Broadband available and connected.
Herefordshire Council: 01432 260000.
Band "E". 2016/17 charge: TBC. 2015/16 charge: £1,913.79.
This property is not Listed.
* Primary: Wigmore, Shobdon, Kingsland * Secondary: Wigmore High; Earl Mortimer College (Leominster). For further information visit www.herefordshire.gov.uk * Independent: Lucton, Ludlow, Tenbury Wells, Bromyard and Hereford all have some outstanding independent schools. For further information visit www.isc.co.uk
The village of Aymestrey has a church; village hall, host to a variety of clubs and community events, including the annual village fete; gastropub. Nearby, Kingsland has a doctor's surgery, 2 churches, 2 pubs, a primary school, shop/Post Office and a daytime bus service. The historic market town of Leominster has a good range of shops to meet most day-to-day requirements, including 3 supermarkets and a leisure centre/swimming pool. More extensive retail, cultural and leisure facilities can be found in the Cathedral City of Hereford.
Excellent out-riding on quiet local lanes and with access to tracks in nearby Forestry Commission woods. Nearby network of bridleways for longer-distance riding. Active Pony Club. The property is conveniently placed for riding centres at Ludlow, Leominster and Bromyard. Ludlow and Hereford Racecourses less than an hour away. Feed merchant and Master Saddler 3 miles away.
Many excellent walks, including through woods adjacent to the property; long-distance Mortimer Trail; National Trust (Croft Castle 6 miles) and Forestry Commission woods close-by. Berrington Hall (National Trust) and Hampton Court Castle offer a range of events and festivals throughout the year. Historic Ludlow is renowned for its annual arts and food festivals, held in the grounds of the Castle. Additional sporting and recreational facilities, can be found close by.
Shared costs (50:50) with neighbour for maintenance of water supply, as and when required.
From Hereford, head north on the A4110; stay on this road for about 17 miles and on reaching Mortimers Cross turn left signposted to Shobdon onto the B4362. After a very short distance take the very first turning on the right signposted to Upper Lye. Stay on this road crossing the River Lugg and at the top of the road at the T-junction turn left and High View Farm can be found a short distance down the lane as denoted by the For Sale board. Sat Nav will take you to the property.
By prior appointment via Grant & Co Estate Agents on 01531 637341.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53216548.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HFD160034. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Grant & Co, Ledbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.