6 bedroom detached house for saleTangier Lane, Frant, East Sussex, TN3
- 6 bedrooms
- sitting room
- open-plan kitchen/dining/family room
- 3,361 sq ft
- countryside views
- garden with summerhouse and pond
- swimming pool with retractable cover
- pp for pitched roof
- about 0.61 acres
- EPC Rating = D
A modern 6 bedroom family house with countryside views, tucked away in a convenient position between Frant and Tunbridge Wells, less than 2 miles from Tunbridge Wells station
Tangier Lane is a private road just under a mile by road to the North of the sought-after village of Frant and some 1.6 miles from Tunbridge Wells High Street. Frant is a quintessential English village complete with village green and has an active community with amenities including a convenience store with post office, coffee shop, interiors shop, hairdressers, 2 character pubs and a church. There are music concerts held at the church and a cinema club holds regular film evenings at the village hall.
State and private schools: Frant has its own well-regarded Church of England primary school. Other schools in the area include Holmewood House, The Mead and Rose Hill preparatory schools in Langton Green and Tunbridge Wells and community colleges in Wadhurst, Crowborough and Heathfield. There are independent schools in Mayfield, Tonbridge, Sevenoaks, Ardingly, Hurstpierpoint, Benenden and Eastbourne and grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge.
Mainline rail: Tunbridge Wells (about 1.8 miles) with services to London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street from 50 minutes. Eridge (about 3.5 miles) lies on a different line offering services to London Bridge from 55 minutes.
Communications: The M25 can be accessed via the A21 just North of Tunbridge Wells linking to other motorway networks and providing access to Gatwick and Heathrow Airports.
- entrance lobby
- entrance hall
- open-plan kitchen/dining/family room
- sitting room
- utility room
- master bedroom with balcony and en suite
- 4 further bedrooms
- shower room
- south-facing rear garden with terrace and pond
- swimming pool with retractable glazed cover
- store room
- driveway parking
- about 0.61 acres
- EPC = D
- planning consent has been obtained, reference WD/2015/1617/F, for a replacement pitched roof
3 Tangier Lane is a 6-bedroom house constructed in the 1960's and extended and refurbished by the current owners to provide a spacious and flexible family home with a contemporary feel. The well-proportioned accommodation is arranged to maximise enjoyment of the lovely outlook to the South from the principal rooms. Points of note include:
- oak panelled internal doors;
- limestone flooring to the entrance hall and kitchen/living area;
- large open-plan kitchen/living area with freestanding wooden units under granite-covered and woodblock worktops and a 4-oven oil-fired Aga. Walk-in larder and space for an American-style fridge/freezer;
- woodburning stove open to both the dining and family room areas and bi-fold doors leading onto the garden terrace, the limestone flooring continuing out to the garden terrace to create an almost seamless flow from inside to outside;
- separate sitting room with its own access to the entrance lobby and to the terrace and stairs up to a bedroom/study, offering potential for the creation of a self-contained annexe;
- master bedroom with French doors onto a South-facing balcony, extensive built-in cupboards and an en suite bathroom which can also be accessed from the adjoining bedroom/study;
- double aspect bedroom to the front with delightful countryside views to the East.
The property is set back from Tangier Lane behind mature hedging, a driveway leading down to a parking area directly in front of the house. The front garden is mainly laid to lawn interspersed with specimen trees and shrubs including cotinus, tree peony and weeping pear. The garden benefits from a high degree of privacy, with mature hedging to the boundaries and farmland and countryside to two sides and beyond Tangier Lane to the North.
- a paved utility area incorporating two substantial sheds lies to the eastern side of the house, enclosed to the front by a picket fence;
- the rear garden slopes away to the South and has been landscaped to create three main tiers with a large level area to the middle tier comprising a lawn and the paved pool area;
- steps lead up from the pool area to the main terrace;
- a further set of steps provides access from the lawn down to the lower level which features a pond, a wild garden and a summer house.
Services: Oil-fired central heating. Mains electricity and water and private drainage.
Outgoings: Wealden District Council: 01892 653311. Current tax band G.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assume d that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 3,361 sq ft
Acreage: 0.61 Acres
From Tunbridge Wells head South on the A267 towards Eastbourne. After leaving the 30 mile-an-hour speed limit zone, Tangier Lane is the next turning on the left, about half a mile further on. Number 3 can be found about 150 yards along on the right-hand side.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53271719.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS150237. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.