4 bedroom country house for saleThe Cottage, Ford Lane, Longdon, Rugeley
Withdrawn from Market
- Stunning Grade II Listed Character Four Bedroom Countryside Home
- Spacious Living & Sleeping Accommodation
- Set over 2/3's of an Acre with Mature Gardens
- Idyllic Setting on the Edge of a Sought After South Staffs Village
- Accessed via a Bridge over the Brook Running to the Front of the Property
- Attic Space Offering Further Potential
- Many Original Features / Oak Beams & Brickwork
- Victorian Drawing Room Extension with High Ceilings
- Local Amenities & Schooling Within the Village
- Nearby to Cannock Chase an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
Lovett&Co. Estate Agents are pleased to offer you this rare opportunity to purchase a delightful four bedroom Grade II listed Tudor (circa 1500's) property in the sought after South Staffordshire village of Longdon. This quintessential English country home has an abundance of original features, is set in an extremely private and secluded spot covering approximatley 2/3 of an acre and is accessed via a private bridge leading over the adjacent running brook.
Standout features of the property include: original features including oak ceiling beams and brick work, spacious living and sleeping accommodation with three reception rooms plus country style breakfast kitchen and four double bedrooms, stunning open staircase with additional spiral staircase, rear Victorian drawing room with impressive high ceiling, large adaptable attic space, courtyard to the rear with stables currently used for storage as well as separate side garage, large driveway flanked by extensive mature gardens with two distinctive lawn areas, summer house, gazebo, vegetable garden and numerous mature trees, shrubs plants and bushes.
It is situated in the beautiful semi-rural village of Longdon, just north of the popular Cathedral City of Lichfield with its wide range of amenities. It is in close proximately of Cannock Chase an area of outstanding natural beauty, perfect for walking, horse riding or cycling. To be found in the village itself are post office, a lovely country pub, 12th Century parish church and primary school all within walking distance. Commuter benefits include A5, A38, M42 and the M6 toll Road linking the Midlands Motorway network and there are both Cross and Inter City railway lines available from Lichfield Cathedral City and Rugeley to the north.
The property has two floors; on the ground floor: porch, reception dining room, lounge, breakfast kitchen, Victorian drawing room, study, utility, guest WC and pantry. Externally on the ground floor are the rear stables/storage areas. On the first floor: four double bedrooms with en-suites to the master and second bedroom as well as a separate family bathroom.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 5522157. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Lovett&Co. Estate Agents, Lichfield. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.