7 bedroom detached house for saleDowns Road, West Stoke, Chichester, West Sussex
- Chichester 5 miles Bosham 4.5 miles Goodwood 6 miles London 60 miles
- In one of the best locations in the South Downs National Park, a lovely mid-Victorian rectory of elegant proportions providing extensive accommodation of some 4,600 sq.ft. set in about 3. (truncated)
- Entrance Hall Drawing Room Dining Room Sitting Room Study Small Dining Room Cloakroom
- Kitchen with Dining and Utility Areas 7 Bedrooms 3 Bathrooms Shower Room En Suite Separate WC
- Wine Cellar Formal Gardens South Facing Studio with Consent for a Replacement 2 Storey Outbuilding
- Paddock In All Approximately 3.5 Acres Good Riding Countryside Easy Access to Chichester Close to Sailing Clubs in Chichester Harbour
In one of the best locations in the South Downs National Park, a lovely mid-Victorian rectory of elegant proportions providing extensive accommodation of some 4,900 sq.ft. set in about 3.5 acres of mature gardens & paddock.
This impressive Victorian rectory was built in 1875 and is a classic example of the high quality and standards of this type of Victorian country house. Its location, in one of the most popular Downland hamlets, commands an elevated position looking out over its tranquil setting. The property is surrounded by some of the best riding countryside in the county and is within a few miles of Bosham Sailing Club and the waters of Chichester Harbour.
Approached by way of a long tree-lined driveway, the house has an elegant interior with high corniced ceilings, impressive fireplaces and 3/4 height windows flooding the rooms with natural light. The south-facing kitchen is divided into dining and utility areas with double casement doors opening on to the gardens.
The extensive bedroom accommodation has a highly adaptable layout providing in total some 7 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms including a principal bedroom suite with spacious dressing room and wet room.
The surrounding gardens have lovely views to the neighbouring countryside and paddock. Formal gardens lie to the south and east, with paddock and loose boxes to the east.
Properties seldom become available in the pretty Downland village of West Stoke, conveniently located some 4 miles to the north west of Chichester, at the point where the South Downs meet the plain. Views to the north look up to the thick woodland and ancient yew forest of Kingley Vale while views to the south look over gentle undulating farmland. The hamlet has an extremely pretty ancient parish church of St. Andrew with a village primary school located in neighbouring mid-Lavant. Despite its idyllic rural surroundings, West Stoke is well placed for access to a number of facilities including nearby Goodwood Estate and Chichester, which provides a wide range of shopping and cultural amenities, partly within the pedestrianised centre.
The rich countryside of the South Downs is immediately accessible with a wide choice of footpaths, bridle paths and plenty of opportunities for mountain biking. The waters of Chichester Harbour are nearby, with the nearest sailing club being located at Bosham. Goodwood, with its wide choice of facilities, golf courses and famous race course also plays host to the annual Festival of Speed and the September Revival meeting at its historic motor circuit, is within some 4 miles distant. Chichester provides a mainline station providing a regular service to London Victoria in about 1 hour 45 minutes whilst a slightly faster alternative service can be found at Havant to London Waterloo in about 1 hour 20 minutes. Local halts with connections to both services can be found in Bosham, Southbourne and Nutbourne. The A27 coastal road provides good vehicle access to a number of towns and cities along the south coast, including Portsmouth, Chichester, Worthing and Brighton. The A3M provides access to Petersfield, Guildford and London.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53729857.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CHI160176. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Chichester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.