3 bedroom character property for saleMain Street, Glapthorn, Oundle
- Quintessential Grade II Listed thatch cottage
- Spacious kitchen diner opening to garden
- Two/three bedrooms
- SW facing gardens of 0.25 acres approx
- Garage and driveway
- Views over open countryside
A quintessential Grade II listed stone and thatch cottage with two/three bedrooms in this sought after village. Generous South Westerly facing gardens of around 0.25acres, driveway and garaging.
Wood entrance door to:
6.49m x 4.40m (21'4" x 14'5") maximum. A spacious and light room with windows to both side aspects and double doors opening on to a South facing sunken seating area within the garden. The kitchen area is fitted with a range of locally hand crafted Willowbrook base and eye level units and a central island with further storage and worktop space. 1 ½ bowl ceramic sink unit with mixer tap and drainer, built in fridge and freezer, plumbing and space for washing machine, fitted electric double oven, fitted electric hob, tiled flooring to kitchen area.
4.39m x 3.48m (14'5" x 11'5") plus recess. Taking focal point of the room is a striking Inglenook fireplace with exposed stonework and exposed timber lintel over. Window to front with window seat under, further window to side. Exposed beams to ceiling. Understairs storage cupboard. Built in display cabinet with inset lighting. Stairs to first floor. door to:
3.59m x 2.65m (11'9" x 8'8") plus recess. Two windows to front, fitted book shelving, exposed beams to ceiling.
Door to garden, door to:
Fitted with three piece suite comprising panelled bath with shower over, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, WC, heated towel rail, extractor fan, opaque window to rear.
FIRST FLOOR LANDING
4.86m x 4.25m (15'11" x 13'11") maximum (angled ceilings). With a Gable end window providing far reaching views over open countryside and a further window to the rear aspect, exposed wooden flooring, exposed beams and stonework.
3.71m x 3.66m (12'2" x 12') maximum (angled ceilings). Exposed wooden flooring, window to front and rear, access to loft space, airing cupboard housing hot water tank, built in wardrobe.
Set upon a spacious corner plot, the property enjoys generous gardens to both the South facing rear aspect and the West facing side aspect. The property is enclosed by a stone wall to the front aspect with an opening leading to the driveway and garage. The side garden takes a more formal appearance with neatly manicured lawns and mature planted borders throughout. The rear garden area provides for a number of productive vegetable gardens with a cottage garden surrounding it encouraging wild flowers and longer grasses along with a selection of fruit trees.
Single garage with up and over door.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SHARMAN QUINNEY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference OUN200913. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Sharman Quinney, Oundle. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.