5 bedroom semi-detached house for saleHarrington Road, Brighton
- Southerly facing garden
- Off-road parking space
- Catchment for excellent local schools
- Less than 1/2 mile to Preston Park station
- Working open fireplaces
- Beautiful period details
A magnificent example of classic Edwardian architecture and fine period details in abundance, with landscaped southerly facing garden, excellent local schools and less than quarter of a mile from Preston Park station.
A stunning Edwardian semi-detached villa with extensive, well established south facing garden and off-road parking along this sought-after tree lined road, close to Preston Park, excellent local schools such as Varndean and Dorothy Stringer and the Preston Park railway station. Boasting some incredibly detailed, period features and beautiful stained glasswork leading into a central hallway with feature staircase and rare original ceiling lantern. The main reception room has a traditional open fireplace and oak flooring, while the dining room is ideal for entertaining as it leads through to the kitchen as well as having French doors opening to the verandah and garden beyond. There are three double bedrooms and two bathrooms on the first floor, the master is at the rear and features a large balcony overlooking the rear garden. The second floor has two more bedrooms and a huge attic which can also be used as an artist studio with its impressive height and huge capacity. Viewing essential.
Feature stained and leaded glasswork to outer and inner door, original tiled flooring, decorative ceiling.
'L' shaped reception with seating area, Karndean flooring, decorative frieze below dado rail. The hall features an impressive double height ceiling with feature central turned staircase and wood paneling leading up to a patterned/glazed ceiling lantern. Solid wood doors to both principal reception rooms as well as a door through the staircase to the utility room.
Sitting Room/ Lounge 17' 10" max x 14' 10" ( 5.44m max x 4.52m )
Four section recessed box bay to front with windproof sashes. Oak flooring, working open fireplace with tiled insert. Detailed moulded cornice, picture rail.
Dining Room 13' 11" max x 13' ( 4.24m max x 3.96m )
French doors opening out onto the verandah and prick patio. Leaf detailed moulded cornice, picture rail, feature working fireplace with matching tiled insert and hearth. Karndean flooring.
Kitchen 14' 11" x 7' 10" ( 4.55m x 2.39m )
Dual aspect room with garden view. Feature vaulted ceiling, working surfaces to three sides with limed oak cabinets to two sides contrasted with steel and glass cabinets and Iroku wood work surface along one other. Britannia 1900 range cooker with stainless steel canopy extractor hood, wall-mounted Liebherr steel and glass fridge/freezer, floor standing Hoover fridge, one and a half bowl sink/drainer. Access to :-
Utility Room 11' 6" max x 6' 11" ( 3.51m max x 2.11m )
Further sink unit, plumbing for washing machine, wall mounted Worcester central heating boiler, recessed pantry cupboard, side access door, further door to hallway.
Side aspect obscure glazed window. Vanity wash basing with blue glazed feature tiling, low level wc. Recessed chimney breast, ladder style towel radiator. Ground floor loft storage access.
First Floor Landing
With feature lighting points and natural daylight coming through the ceiling lantern this provides a natural picture gallery. solid wood panel doors leading off to all first floor accommodation.
Bedroom One 16' including wardrobe depth x 11' 1" ( 4.88m including wardrobe depth x 3.38m )
With 3 floor to ceiling doors to the fitted wardrobes, french doors stepping out to the balcony with panoramic views across the garden and beyond. Feature cast iron fireplace with wood surround, picture rail, steps to :-
Bathroom 9' 2" x 7' 10" ( 2.79m x 2.39m )
South facing window overlooking rear garden, centre fill bath with marble plinth, pedestal wash basin, low-level wc, classic Edwardian style beveled taps. Jack and Jill doors with feature stained glass arched panel and door to landing.
Bedroom Two 15' max including wardrobe x 12' ( 4.57m max including wardrobe x 3.66m )
Varnished floorboards, original built-in wardrobe, 2 sash windows to front
Bedroom Three 15' max x 8' 11" ( 4.57m max x 2.72m )
Feature corner fireplace with gunmetal finish and tiled insert, picture rail, decorative coving. Sash window to front
Second Floor Landing
With turned staircase from first floor. Walk-in eaves storage / boarded rear loft. Doors to both bedrooms.
Bedroom 4 11' 7" x 11' 5" max ( 3.53m x 3.48m max )
With UPVC double glazed window enjoying views across rooftops and gardens along the natural valley of London Road. Open shelves and built-in wardrobe to either side.
Bedroom 5 / Study 11' 5" max x 7' 9" ( 3.48m max x 2.36m )
With limited headroom due to sloping ceiling, side facing velux window. Bi-fold door and hatch to:-
Vast storage space with exposed rafters and beams, ample space for storage with boarded floors and built-in wardrobes. Clear glass skylight window allowing natural daylight through the feature ceiling lantern
Low brick boundary wall and pillar with tiled path leading to porch area. Raised garden used as vegetable patch with organic soil and feature planted flowers beds bordered by railway sleepers. Dropped kerb with hardstanding / off-road parking and gated access along the side of the house.
Stunning southerly aspect garden with brick and flint walls. Brick paved patio area and curved pathway sweeping through the lawn leading to the pond and shed. flanked by black bamboo, palm trees, hardy grasses, several varieties of fruit tree, a bay tree, magnolia and a huge array of other flowers and plants.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53988634.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference PRP102980. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fox & Sons, Brighton Preston Road. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.