3 bedroom detached house for saleWest Lydford, Somerton, Somerset
Sold STC £975,000
- Attractive detached modern farmhouse offering spacious and adaptable family accommodation (subject to an equestrian/agricultural occupancy condition).
- Excellent range of equestrian facilities including a floodlit riding school, 18 stables and further ancillary buildings.
- Timber cabin providing staff accommodation and offering potential for alternative uses (subject to the necessary consents).
- Productive pastureland divided into manageable enclosures with excellent access to outriding/hacking.
- Extending in total to about 18.98 acres with a further 30.81 acres of adjoining land available.
- For sale by private treaty as a whole.
Naydon Farm is located between the villages of Keinton Mandeville and Lydford on Fosse, enjoying a quiet, yet easily accessible rural setting with stunning panoramic views over the adjoining countryside and towards Glastonbury Tor. The nearby market town of Castle Cary provides an excellent range of shopping and cultural facilities, and the property is within easy reach of the A37, A303 and M5 motorway as well as the mainline railway link to London Paddington at Castle Cary. The area is renowned for having an excellent range of schools including Kings, Sunnyhill and Sexeys at Bruton, Millfield at Street and Hazlegrove at Sparkford.
Situated in a quiet yet accessible rural location, Naydon Farm offers potential purchasers the rare opportunity to acquire an established equestrian centre serviced by extensive equestrian facilities including a floodlit outdoor school, stabling and grass gallops all positioned within up to 19 acres of productive pasture within a ring fence. A further 31 acres or so are available separately.
Constructed of local stone under a tiled roof, Naydon Farmhouse was completed to a very high standard with the principal rooms benefitting from excellent views. The property is approached from the principal gated entrance via a sweeping driveway leading to a parking area at the front of the farmhouse. Accommodation comprises:
Spacious entrance hall
Bespoke kitchen with granite work tops and range cooker
Dining room with doors to the rear garden
Triple aspect sitting room with stone fireplace
Shower room and WC off
Master bedroom with en-suite shower room and fitted cupboards
Two further bedrooms both with fitted cupboards
The farmhouse is serviced by an Air Source Heat pump with underfloor heating throughout.
Outside the property enjoys a good sized lawned garden separated from the adjoining paddocks by post and rail fencing. A second drive serving the equestrian facilities continues up and around to the rear of the farmhouse to provide access to the main yard.
Adjoining the stable yard is a timber cabin providing staff accommodation comprising:
Open plan kitchen/dining and living area
Four bedrooms (one of which has en-suite facilities)
1. Principal stable building providing 13 Derby House stables with rubber matting set around a central yard with concrete surround and adjoining lawn
2. Adjoining the stabling is the yard office block providing:
Classroom and office
WC and disabled WC
Shower and changing room facilities
Wash bay and solarium
Secure tack room
Kitchen and staff room
3. Further timber stable building providing 5 loose/pony boxes
4. Mono-pitch block and fibre cement services store
5. Timber/pole fodder store with part Yorkshire board cladding
6. Machinery store of steel portal frame construction with box profile steel cladding with adjoining hardstanding for lorry/trailer parking
7. Outdoor all weather arena (60m x 22m) with floodlights
The land extends the holding in all to nearly 19 acres. There are two further pasture enclosures extending to about 31 acres available by separate negotiation.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54062821.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TMC160029. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, Taunton Mansfield House. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.