5 bedroom detached house for saleBandrake Head House, Bandrake Head, Ulverston, Cumbria
- Believed to originate from the twelfth century.
- Recent improvements compliment the period features.
- UPVC double glazed windows. Sun Lounge added 2006.
- Stone and slate built with rendered external finish.
- Maintained to a high standard, including external decoration in 2016.
- In same ownership for 36 years.
- Delightful Lounge with doors on to south terrace.
- Farmhouse style Kitchen/Breakfast Room, separate Dining Room.
- Four Double Bedrooms and one single, presently used as a store.
- Comprehensive range of outbuildings including Garage/Workshop.
Stylish, well presented period Country House.
Pleasant elevated position in a popular hamlet.
Range of outbuildings, delightful gardens and grounds.
Three Reception. Sun Lounge. Five Bedrooms. About 0.364 ac. [0.148 ha] Energy Rating "F".
From Junction 36 of the M6 motorway follow the A590 turning left onto the first slip road signposted to Barrow. Continue on the A590 passing Newby Bridge and the Haverthwaite and Lakeside Steam Railway.
Take the first turning right after the Rusland Pool Hotel signposted to Bouth. Follow the road for half a mile to crossroads. Turn right here and follow the road to Colton.
Just beyond Colton turn left signposted Bandrake Head. After the right hand bend, there is a short incline to the hamlet and Bandrake Head House is on the lane just beyond a farm, which is on the right.
Bandrake Head House, as the name implies, is in the delightful hamlet of Bandrake Head, just west of Oxen Park, which includes a Public House, occupying a pleasant, site with fine westerly and southerly aspects.
Bandrake Head is just north of the hamlet of Colton, well placed in the heart of South Lakeland, within the Lake District National Park and ease of access to Coniston Water, Grizedale Forest, Lake Windermere and Hawkshead. The historic market town of Ulverston is within reasonable driving distance via the arterial A590. Barrow-in-Furness is about half an hours drive, Kendal and the M6, Junction 36 each within 40 minutes.
The precise location and extent are shown edged red on the sale plan herewith.
Double wooden gates to tarmac parking area for several vehicles. Garden comprises lawned area, herbaceous borders, shrubs.
Constructed of brick under a slate roof. Coal store, log store and former outside w.c. Bunded plastic oil tank.
Access from lane through double gate and pedestrian gate. Patio and seating area with BBQ. Herbaceous borders with spring bulbs. Magnolia tree. Ginko Biloba Tree.
Vegetable plot. Glasshouse. Cold frames. Poly tunnel. Soft fruit bushes. Orchard with apple, damson, greengage, cherry and crab apple trees. Duck ponds.
All mains services connected. Oil fired central heating. Private septic tank drainage system in the garden.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54142588.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN150244. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.