4 bedroom bungalow for saleSeaborough, Beaminster, DT8
A rare re-development opportunity in a picturesque setting benefitting from a 4 bed Woolaway bungalow(subject to AOC), range of traditional and modern farm buildings, adjoining south facing pasture land in total extending to 22.82 acres (9.24ha) or thereabouts.
A re-development opportunity in a picturesque setting overlooking the rolling West Dorset countryside. The property comprises a four bedroom Woolaway bungalow (subject to AOC) in need of modernisation, traditional stone barn with a lapsed planning consent for conversion to a 4/5 bedroom property. Adjoining the site are a versatile range of farm buildings suitable for a number of end uses including agricultural, equestrian, commercial or possible residential uses (subject to planning). Surrounding the property is a productive block of undulating and sloping south facing pasture land in total extending to 8.26 acres (3.42 ha) or thereabouts with a further adjoining block of 14.56 acres (5.89ha). Available for sale as a whole or in two lots.
Lot 1 Four bedroom Woolaway bungalow requiring complete modernisation (subject to AOC), traditional stone barn with lapsed planning consent for conversion to a 4/5 bedroom farmhouse (subject to AOC), range of modern and traditional farm buildings and pasture land in total extending to 8.26 acres (3.42 ha) or thereabouts
Guide Price - £385,000
Lot 1 comprises a four bedroom Woolaway bungalow requiring complete modernisation offering potential for either enlargement of the existing property or re-siting (subject to an AOC), subject to the necessary consents. In close proximity is a traditional barn (part dilapidated) with lapsed planning consent for conversion to a 4/5 bedroom farmhouse with landscaped gardens, double garage and store. Both properties enjoy spectacular views over the rolling West Dorset countryside. Adjoining the site are a range of versatile traditional and modern farm buildings offering enormous potential for possible conversion and development subject to the necessary consents. The farm buildings briefly comprise:
1. A single storey barn (L-shaped 14.2m x 5.6m + 16.7m x 5.5m approx.) constructed of part block and brick beneath a tiled roof with CI cladding and concrete floor.
2. Covered yard (27.6 x 18.2m approx.) constructed of steel beneath a CA roof with sleeper wall to one side and space boarding at gable ends.
3. Stable (6.2m x 3.7m approx.) constructed of timber beneath a timber and felt roof with concrete floor.
4. Dutch Barn (18.4m x 6.6m) approx. Lean to (18.4m x 7.5m approx.) Constructed of steel beneath a CI roof with CI cladding and concrete floor.
5. Adjoining the site is a block of productive sloping and undulating pasture land in three enclosures, in total extending to 8.92 acres (3.61 ha) or thereabouts.
Lot 2 14.56 acres (5.89 ha)
Guide Price - £125,000
Located to the east of Lot 1 with access from the eastern end is a sloping block of permanent pasture in total extending to 14.56 acres benefiting from spring water supply.
Hillside Farm is situated on the northern fringe of the sought after hamlet of Seaborough which lies some 4 miles north west of the renowned West Dorset town of Beaminster, approximately 2.5 miles south of Crewkerne.
Chard is situated approximately 7 miles to the west and the larger commercial centre of Yeovil is some 11 miles to the north east and Bridport some 8 miles due south. The Dorset coast is located some 11 miles due south.
The intercity train line to London (Waterloo) is accessed at Crewkerne.
A303 access is about 8 miles due north providing a direct east/west route, linking with the M3 to London.
Golf clubs at Yeovil, Lyme Regis, Sherborne and Windwhistle.
Excellent private schools in the area including Hazelgrove at Sparkford, Perrott Hill at North Perrott, Sherborne Schools, Taunton Schools and Millfield at Street.
National Hunt racing at Wincanton and Taunton.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54394846.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference YEO120295. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Greenslade Taylor Hunt, Yeovil. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.