4 bedroom detached house for saleGrayrigg House, Grayrigg, Kendal, Cumbria
Offers in Region of £495,000
- Originally Grayrigg Vicarage, just opposite the Church.
- Typical Victorian features include the impressive Main Hall, sweeping staircase, moulded cornices, archways, pine dados and doors.
- South facing Lounge and Dining Room with glorious views, separate Sitting Room.
- Large fully fitted light oak Kitchen/Breakfast Room with Rayburn.
- Four Bedrooms, one with En Suite, House Bathroom with shower, Cellars, Utility, Garage.
- Stone and slate built. Double glazed windows throughout, with the exception of the window at the end of the Main Hall.
- The single storey range of outbuildings, added Circa 1970's, has potential for re-development to suit individual needs.
- Integral Garage, parking facilities. South facing terrace with lawn below.
- Internal inspection is highly recommended to fully appreciate the particularly pleasing ambience.
Very fine, elegant, Victorian "family" sized house. Superb southerly aspect with lovely views. Central village location. Many original features. Extremely well presented. 3 Reception, 4 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Kitchen, Utility, Cellar. Outbuildings. Energy Rating F
From Kendal, follow the signs for Appleby and the A685.
On leaving the outskirts of Kendal, passing the superstore complex, continue in a north easterly direction towards Grayrigg village, about 4 miles. On entering the village, the Primary School is on the left. Grayrigg House is immediately on the right.
Grayrigg House is situated in the centre of Grayrigg village, just opposite the Primary School and Church.
It occupies an elevated site with a fine southerly aspect overlooking farmland with Lambrigg Fell on the horizon.
Kendal is within 10 minutes drive and Junction 38 of the M6, is a similar distance.
It is ideally located for the Lake District National Park and The Yorkshire Dales.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS
Surrounding the entrance drive and parking area are raised borders with a fine variety of trees and flowering shrubs. Impressive copper beech tree.
A footpath from the parking area continues around the end elevation of the extension, next to which is the UPVC Oil Tank. The path leads to the south facing paved terrace, with a superb view over the garden towards Lambrigg Fell.
Steps from the terrace lead down to the front lawned garden, with borders, display of flowering trees and shrubs. Conifer trees. Ornamental Pond with Waterfall.
Sitting area at the far south easterly corner of the garden.
A gravelled footpath from the base of the steps from the terrace leads around to the westerly elevation and back to the rear parking area. Log stores.
Mains water, electricity and drainage. Oil fired central heating. Oil fired Rayburn in the Kitchen.
High speed Broadband is available. Estimated download speed range is 79Mb - 80Mb.
All viewings will be accompanied by a representative of the selling agents. Please contact our Kendal Office.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54482771.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN150215. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.