3 bedroom barn conversion for saleDymock Road, Ledbury, Herefordshire, HR8
Sold STC £500,000
- 0 Bathroom
- 3 Bedrooms
- 0 Reception Room
- Barn Conversion
- 1960 Approx Sq Ft
Full descriptionStunning barn conversion in semi-rural location with 0.75 acre gardens including orchard
Summary of Features
* Beautifully presented end terraced barn conversion with a wealth of character (1960 sq ft) * 3 good sized bedrooms with en-suites and built-in wardrobe space * Large open plan Aga kitchen/breakfast room with flagstone flooring * Light and airy, open plan living/dining room with vaulted, beamed ceiling * Immaculate gardens, patio area, orchard & countryside views
* Mileages: Ledbury 1½ miles, Malvern 10 miles, Hereford 16 miles, Gloucester 16½ miles, Worcester 17½ Cheltenham 28 miles, Birmingham 63 miles & Bristol 51 miles * Road: M50 (Jct 2) 5 miles, M5 (Jct 7) 17 miles * Railway: Ledbury, Malvern & Gloucester * Airport: Birmingham & Bristol
In all about 0.75 Acres (Garden)
The Old Cartshed is situated within a small development of barn conversions in a beautiful semi-rural location just 1½ miles from Ledbury town centre. The vibrant market town of Ledbury is situated east of Hereford and south west of the Malvern Hills, and has a wealth of history dating back to c. 690 AD. There are a significant number of timber framed, "Black & White" buildings in the town, including the historic Market Place and Feathers Hotel, a former coaching inn. The Old Cartshed is conveniently placed for amenities and domestic requirements, with excellent commuter road and rail links.
The Old Cartshed
* This spacious property dates back to 19th Century and was converted in 2006 to a high standard throughout. * A large country-style kitchen with oak-fronted units, solid wood work-surfaces, underfloor heating and exposed beams is the heart of this lovely property and benefits from an LPG Aga and doors leading out to a patio terrace. * The sitting room has a feature stone fireplace inset with wood burning stove; this wonderfully light and airy space has fully glazed windows giving beautiful views of the orchard and surrounding countryside. * Three double bedrooms; the ground floor bedrooms have a 'Jack & Jill' en-suite and built-in wardrobes, master has en-suite facilities along with large built-in wardrobes. * The property successfully combines traditional charm with contemporary style, offering well-proportioned and generous family accommodation and entertaining space, perfect for modern living.
* The property is approached via a gated private drive which is bordered by the cider apple orchard belonging to the property. There is ample parking. * Attractive and well-tended gardens are planted with mature shrubs, flowering plants and trees including peach, wild cherry & apple. * Two ponds, one being home for the rare great crested newt. Patio terrace to the rear of the property also providing good outside space. * There is a vegetable patch, open fronted shed and two additional small storage sheds with power.
Mains electricity (supplemented by solar panels generating c. £1,700 pa). Mains water. Under floor heating throughout the ground floor. Shared, private septic tank drainage (£35.00 pcm). Broadband connected.
Herefordshire Council: 01432 260000.
The surrounding area offers a wide range of outdoor sports and activities with the Malvern Hills and the Wye Valley within easy access. Ledbury itself is renowned for its annual Poetry Festival. The Three Counties Showground at Malvern hosts a wide variety of year-round events; from national garden shows, concerts & antique fairs to agricultural and equestrian events. Eastnor Castle is open to the public and also offers a wide range of events throughout the year.
The property benefits from access to a communal orchard.
Directions from Malvern
From Malvern, take the A449 to Ledbury. At the Top Cross traffic lights turn left, when reaching the roundabout take the 2nd exit continue to next roundabout and turn left signposted Dymock. Continue for about 500 metres, over the brow of the hill and the driveway entrance to the property is on the right.
Directions from Hereford
From Hereford, take the A438 Hereford Road to Ledbury. Upon coming into Ledbury at the roundabout turn right onto Leadon Way for 1 mile. At the A449 roundabout, take the exit onto the B4216 towards Dymock, passing the Countrywide store on your right. Continue for approx 500 metres and the Continue for about 500 metres Continue for about 500 metres, over the brow of the hill and the driveway entrance to the property is on the right.
By prior appointment via Grant & Co Estate Agents on 01531 637341
Grant & Co and their clients give notice that: 1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. 2. These particulars have been prepared in good faith to give a fair overall view of the property, do not form any part of an offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. 3. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. The Agents has not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Fixtures & Fittings Unless mentioned specifically all fixtures & fittings are excluded from the sale.
Band "F" - £2338.40 (2015/16).
* Primary: Ledbury, Bosbury, Eastnor, Colwall * Secondary: Ledbury. Further information available at: www.herefordshire.gov.uk * Independent: Colwall, Malvern, Hereford, Worcester, Cheltenham & Gloucester all have some outstanding independent schools. Further information available at: www.isc.co.uk
Ledbury has a thriving community and offers a good range of local amenities with many independent shops, restaurants & pubs, as well as a church, two doctors surgeries, cottage hospital and theatre. There is also the historic Church Street, where many period films and TV scenes have been filmed; two museums and the beautiful Painted Room; one of the best examples of Elizabethan wall painting yet to be discovered. A wider range of amenities can be found in Malvern and Worcester with further cultural & retail opportunities easily accessible in Cheltenham.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54516314.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HFD150201. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Grant & Co, Ledbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.