2 bedroom apartment for saleShernfold Park, Frant, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3
- scope for refurbishment
- 2 bedrooms
- grand drawing room
- far-reaching views
- 1,459 sq ft
- kitchen/breakfast room
- 2 bathrooms
- about 7.6 acres communal grounds
Ground floor apartment in this imposing period mansion with wonderful views over the High Weald, about 3 miles South of Tunbridge Wells
Shernfold Park lies within a private estate located off the southern fringe of the green which forms the focal point of this popular quintessential English village. Frant has an active community with amenities including a convenience store with post office, coffee shop, interiors shop, hairdressers, 2 character pubs and a church.
Comprehensive shopping: Tunbridge Wells (about 3 miles) offers an excellent selection of shopping and recreational facilities.
Schools: There are several well-regarded schools in the area including a primary school in Frant village.
Mainline rail: Frant station (about 1.8 miles) has regular services to London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street taking just ove r 1 hour. Tunbridge Wells (about 2.8 miles) is a little further along the same line with a journey time from about 46 minutes.
Communications: The M25 can be accessed via the A21 just North of Tunbridge Wells linking to other motorway networks and providing access to Gatwick and Heathrow Airports.
- entrance hall
- drawing room
- 2 double bedrooms
- cloakroom/shower room
-further garage available by separate negotiation
- communal gardens and grounds
Shernfold Park is a Grade II listed Victorian mansion designed by the architect Lewis Vulliamy and built in 1855 and was converted into 12 flats around the middle of last century.
Flat 4 is a ground floor apartment in the central portion of the building, benefitting from high ceilings with decorative coving, deep skirting boards, wood panelled doors and shuttered sash windows typical of grand houses of the period. Of particular note is the drawing room, believed to be formed from part of the ballroom of the original house. The property offers potential for updating.
Further points of note include:
- drawing room with impressive high ceiling, featuring ornate coving and a ceiling rose and boasting a stunning view over the grounds, neighbouring fields and the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty through two tall sash windows. The room also features a fireplace with marble surround, mantel and hearth;
- kitchen fitted with wall and base units, a sink with drainer and space for white goods. A deep-set sash window looks out over the circular drive to the front;
- two double bedrooms, one of which has built-in wardrobes and a sash window to the front and the other with a half-glazed door leading out to a small seating area overlooking the grounds and beyond to the South;
- bathroom plus a separate cloakroom with shower;
- en bloc garage, with additional space for parking on the periphery of the circular drive to the front of the house;
- communal grounds of about 7.6 acres including formal gardens with lawns, terracing, planted borders, gravel pathways and stone balustrading leading to park-like lawns with fine specimen trees and flowering shrubs, from which the stunning views can be enjoyed.
Services: Mains gas-fired central heating. Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Outgoings: Wealden District Council: 01892 653311. Tax Band F.
Tenure: Leasehold, 999 years from 1979.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000.
If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 1,459 sq ft
From Tunbridge Wells head South on the A267 into Frant village. You will come to the village green on your left. Shernfold Park is the last drive that cuts across the green before you leave the village. Once on Shernfold Park, fork right and the drive will take you to a large turning circle in front of the house. The entrance for Flat 4 is to the left-hand end of the elevation facing you upon arrival.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54602249.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS140273. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.