4 bedroom detached house for saleCatherine Street, Hartlepool
Guide Price £430,000
- WAS £450,000 REDUCED TO £430,000
- UNRIVALLED UNINTERRUPTED VIEWS TO SEA
- HAND CRAFTED SOLID WOOD KITCHEN
- 2 RECEPTION ROOMS
- 4 DOUBLE BEDROOMS
- BASEMENT WITH TWO ROOMS
MUCH ADMIRED WITHIN THE LOCALITY, OFFERING STYLE, SPACE AND STATUS. VIEWING IS ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL. WONDERFUL FOUR STOREY DETACHED DWELLING BUILT CIRCA 1800, BEING OF HISTORICAL IMPORTANCE TO SUCH AN EXTENT IT HAS FEATURED IN DRAMA SHOWS FOR TV.
WONDERFUL FOUR STOREY DETACHED DWELLING BUILT CIRCA 1800, BEING OF HISTORICAL IMPORTANCE TO SUCH AN EXTENT IT HAS FEATURED IN DRAMA SHOWS FOR TV. This most elegant of homes is located literally within a 'stones throw' of the shoreline and as such commands unrivalled uninterrupted views out to sea, the waters edge being less than 2 metres from the property's boundary. Retaining beautiful features such as marble fireplaces, fabulous sash stained glass windows and mouldings. To give an indication of size, the property was divided into two houses many years ago and was converted back by the current owner, being cleverly designed with a main staircase and second (originally servants) staircase leading to a rear off shoot which lends itself to dependant family accommodation. This landmark home offers 4 Double Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, 2 Reception Rooms, very expensive hand crafted solid wood Kitchen with granite worktops. MUCH ADMIRED WITHIN THE LOCALITY, OFFERING STYLE, SPACE AND STATUS. VIEWING IS ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL.
Columned Storm Porch
twin heavy panelled timber entrance doors with beautiful stained glass leaded inserts with matching side panels, wide turning staircase to First Floor with feature newel post, handrail and turned spindles, original tiled flooring, dado rail, coved cornicing, ceiling moulding.
Main Lounge 19' 6" x 18' 3" ( 5.94m x 5.56m )
(into wide angled sash bay window) glorious view over Pier, North Sea beyond and Coast Line, delightful marble detailed fireplace with cast iron insert, decorative tiled hearth and open grate (probably original) ceiling moulding, coved cornicing, TV point, dimmer switch controlling wall light points, radiator.
Hand Crafted Kitchen 15' 9" x 15' 9" ( 4.80m x 4.80m )
extensive range of quality solid wood base and eye level cabinets with concealed workbench lighting, complementing granite worktops with inset twin 'Belfast' sinks with mixer taps, integrated Aga, picture rail, ceiling moulding, coved cornicing, recessed downlighting, granite splashback panels, complementing flooring, twin housings suitable for fridge, freezer.
dark wood flooring, coved cornicing, deep understairs storage cupboard.
Second Lounge/ Office 17' 8" x 16' ( 5.38m x 4.88m )
splendid marble period fire surround with cast iron insert, matching hearth and open grate (probably original) picture rail, coved cornicing.
fitted workbenches, deep 'Belfast' sink, plumbed for washing machine, storage cupboard, UPVC Double Glazed panelled door leading to side, tiled splashbacks, matching tiled flooring.
white suite comprising pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap and close coupled low flush WC, tiled flooring, radiator, tiled splashbacks, 'Potterton' gas fired wall mounted central heating boiler.
panelled entrance door, radiator.
First Floor Landing
split level, fine leaded stained glass sash windows, sitting area, ceiling moulding, dado rail, coved cornicing.
Master Bedroom 16' 6" x 15' 10" (plus recess) ( 5.03m x 4.83m (plus recess) )
wonderful slate period fireplace with cast iron insert, matching hearth and open grate, ceiling moulding, 2 radiators.
En Suite Bathroom / Wc
lavishly refitted with appropriate period style suite comprising free standing central bath with mixer tap and exposed legs, oversized shower cubicle with mains operated shower, pedestal wash hand basin and WC with overhead flush, tiled splashbacks, matching tiled flooring, stained glass sash window, part vaulted ceiling, combination radiator/heated towel rail.
Bedroom 2 20' x 18' 8" (into sash window) ( 6.10m x 5.69m (into sash window) )
spectacular view over Pier and North Sea beyond, probably the finest view in Hartlepool, if not the entire North East, feature marble fire surround with cast iron insert, matching hearth and open grate (probably original), 'Walnut' flooring, wall light points, ceiling moulding, coved cornicing, 2 radiators.
Bedroom 3 16' 3" x 15' 9" ( 4.95m x 4.80m )
marble period fire surround with cast iron insert, matching hearth and open grate, picture rail, coved cornicing, ceiling moulding, 2 radiators.
twin arched sash windows and built in bookcase, access to roof void, coved cornicing.
Bedroom 4 19' x 11' ( 5.79m x 3.35m )
(floor area plus alcove) carved timber period style fire surround with cast iron insert and matching hearth, fine open outlook from twin sash windows, 2 period style radiators, semi-sunken swivel spotlighting.
Family Bathroom / Wc 20' x 10' 9" (floor area) ( 6.10m x 3.28m (floor area) )
'Victorian' style suite comprising free standing roll top bath with exposed legs and mixer tap with spray attachment, pedestal wash hand basin, WC with overhead flush and fully tiled step in shower cubicle with mains operated shower, matching half tiled walls being capped with dado rail, complementing tiled flooring, eaves storage cupboard, cast iron fireplace with mirrored overmantle, radiator.
brick built perimeter wall capped with wrought iron railings, flagstone paved for ease of maintenance.
Room 1 18' 6" x 17' 11" (into sash bay window) ( 5.64m x 5.46m (into sash bay window) )
original cast iron Range recessed within feature brick wall, wall light points, second central heating radiator.
Room 2 15' 10" x 14' 3" ( 4.83m x 4.34m )
cast iron Stove, radiator.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54618805.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HAR109721. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Manners & Harrison, Hartlepool. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.