5 bedroom barn conversion for saleCrays Lane, Goose Green, Pulborough, West Sussex
- Drawing room with dining area, kitchen/breakfast/sitting room
- Guest suite comprising bedroom, en-suite bathroom, sitting room and kitchenette area
- 3 further en-suite bedrooms
- Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Galleried landing with seating area and cloakroom
- Family/games room, plant room, store room
- The Lodge: Open plan kitchen/sitting/dining room, 2 bedrooms, bathroom
- Outbuildings: Triple Garage with workshop at rear, Long Barn (internal area 5,259 sqft/489sqm) and High Barn (internal area 8,954 sqft/832 sqm)
- Gardens and grounds approx. 5.3 acres
Originally three separate farm buildings, Crays
Barn has been imaginatively designed and created by the current owners to become a stunning courtyard style barn conversion and family home, with flexible and versatile accommodation. Features of note include; bespoke joinery, exposed timbers, brickwork and stonework, engineered oak flooring and underfloor heating throughout, wood latch doors and vaulted ceilings. At the heart of the home is the kitchen/breakfast/sitting room boasting a bespoke fitted kitchen with granite worktops and integrated appliances, including coffee machine, combination microwave and steamer, and attractive Fired Earth stone flooring.
The superb full height drawing room has an
impressive open fireplace with stone surround and a solid oak staircase leads to the galleried landing on the first floor. From the sitting room adjoining the kitchen a curved staircase leads down to the family/games room which is flooded with natural light from the sloping glazed roof above. On the first floor is the stunning master bedroom with contemporary styled en-suite bathroom, and a further bedroom with en-suite shower room. The remaining three bedrooms are situated on the ground floor. The property sits well within the plot and is approached from the lane via a sweeping gravelled drive, leading to two parking areas and the detached triple garage. The gardens and grounds are mainly laid to lawn with the eastern boundary making skilful use of a Ha-Ha to preserve the open outlook to the fields and countryside beyond. There is also a small orchard with apple, pear, cherry and plum trees and an area of woodland to the western boundary. A separate, well presented, two bedroom cottage called The Lodge is currently used as a holiday cottage, providing a good level of income. Completing this rural idyll are two large steel framed barns which could be put to a number of uses.
Crays Barn enjoys a glorious rural location on
the outskirts of the pretty village of Thakeham. The larger village of Storrington is approx. 3.7
miles distant and offers more comprehensive
facilities including a Waitrose supermarket and a
wide variety of other shops and businesses. For
the commuter, there are mainline train services
from both Pulborough and Billingshurst (London
Victoria about 77mins and 72mins respectively),
whilst the A24 offers easy access to the coast,
M23 and wider motorway network. The historic
market town of Horsham lies about 12 miles to
the north east and offers further comprehensive
shopping and recreational facilities. There are
excellent schools in the area, both in the state
and private sector, including Rydon Community
College, The Weald, Steyning Grammer,
Windlesham House, Farlington, Christ's Hospital
and Seaford College.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54815644.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LON150172. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Horsham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.