13 bedroom country house for saleKingstone Lisle Park Estate, Kingston Lisle, Wantage, Oxfordshire
Offers in Excess of
- Hall, billiard room, drawing room, morning room, dining room, study, kitchen/breakfast room, cellars, staff sitting room, gun room, flower room, master suite, further 12 bedrooms, childre (truncated)
- Formal gardens, walled garden, swimming pool, tennis court
- Series of 3 lakes, paddocks and parkland with private golf course
- The Lodge, Stable House, Laundry Cottage, Gardener's Cottage, Garage block with game larder
- Mixed mature woodland, parkland, arable land and pasture, high pheasant and partridge shoot
Kingstone Lisle House is impressive with a spectacular entrance hall, floating staircase and a number of reception rooms, including a Billiard Room, Morning Room, Dining Room and Study. There are 13 bedrooms as well as a Master suite. Outside there is a swimming pool, tennis court and formal gardens and lakes, beyond which there is wonderful parkland with views to the Ridgeway beyond.
The estate is about 257 acres in all, and has been part of an impressive high pheasant shoot, with some partridge as well, which takes advantage of the diverse undulating terrain. There is also stalking for muntjac, roe and fallow deer.
Kingstone Lisle Park is a truly spectacular Estate with one of the most beautiful houses in Oxfordshire at its heart. Situated beside an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the house sits at the end of an immaculate drive in a wonderful parkland setting with formal gardens and lakes. Beyond the immediate parkland and woodland backdrop are far reaching views to the Ridgeway.
The house is situated in Kingston Lisle and is surrounded by lovely undulating parkland and countryside.
Everyday shopping needs, including a Waitrose and Sainsburys, are catered for in the attractive market town of Wantage just to the east, or further afield in the larger centres of Abingdon, Swindon and Oxford.
Communications in the area are excellent with Didcot Parkway railway station situated only about 13 miles away providing a fast rail service into London Paddington taking around 45 minutes. Junction 14 of the M4 lies around 11 miles away giving access to London, about 76 miles, and Heathrow, which is about 62 miles away.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55045129.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NEW110293. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, National Country House Department. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.