5 bedroom semi-detached house for saleCorner of Horseshoe Road, Pangbourne
Under Offer £610,000
- Victorian semi-detached
- Village centre location
- Original period features
- Large fully fitted kitchen/breakfast room
- 4 bedrooms to the main house
- Detached office building with letting bedroom
- South westerly gardens
- Off road parking
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
Within the heart of the village, walking distance to schools, shops, amenities and train station ● Train journey to London Paddington just 47 minutes ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 10 minute drive (all distances and timings are approximate)
1,954 sq ft / 181.4 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A delightful 5 bedroom semi-detached Victorian house, enjoying a commanding position within the heart of the village on the corner of Horseshoe Road.
Offering flexible spacious family accommodation set on 3 floors, with many improvements made over recent years.
There is a very large kitchen/breakfast room with French doors which open directly onto a large stone paved sun terrace/summer dining area. Set in secure spacious gardens enjoying a south-westerly sunny aspect, with high board fencing giving privacy and well-maintained lawns, shrubbery and herbaceous borders to both front and rear.
A unique feature of this property is the detached brick constructed annexe which is currently used as an office on the ground floor, and on the first floor this there is a completely separate letting room featured on Airbnb offering a boutique double bedroom and bathroom, with its own front door from Horseshoe Road. If you would like to see the comments on Airbnb from happy visitors using the detached bed and breakfast room called `The Loft, Pangbourne` please go to: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/3398567
The current room rate is £65 and includes the bedroom and a continental breakfast. The present owners let the room out to the same client from Sunday to Thursday every week and the client would like to continue this arrangement until September 2017 and maybe longer, if possible. This rental together with additional weekend bookings,gives an average income of £1,000 per month, which a new owner can have the benefit of should they want to continue this arrangement. If this is not of interest the client will be vacated before completion of the sale.
● The unusually spacious family accommodation
● A lot of the original features have been retained, including some pretty examples of stripped pine framed doors with brass fittings, Victorian fireplace in bedroom 1 and the pretty staircase rising gracefully to the first floor with a further staircase of similar style reaching to the second floor
● Large fully fitted kitchen/breakfast room with extensive cupboards and drawers, with fitted fridge/freezer, dishwasher and Rangemaster with electric double oven, grill, 5 ring gas hob and Rangemaster extractor over
● The dining room which is used as a family room/music room has an open fireplace
● Sitting room to the front of the house has a lovely bay window and features a very pretty open fireplace with wood burning stove
● The large boot/utility room
● A number of the windows have been primary double glazed, including the French doors which open from the kitchen/breakfast room and the boot room onto the terrace and gardens
● Garden is approximately 38 metres long by 11 meters at its widest, to include the detached office/letting building
● Gas fired central heating with modern boiler and water softener fitted
● The car parking areas access from the Horseshoe Road by way of a pair of high double timber gates with easy car parking for at least 2 cars
● Expensive range of fitted wardrobes to bedroom 1 which also has primary double glazed sash windows and pretty white painted plantation shutters
● Brick constructed detached office building with double bedroom, bathroom and cloakroom, with bi-fold doors from the office into the garden
● The present owners have had plans drawn up for the reconfiguration of the ground floor area which can be viewed upon request
● Accounts to support the office and letting room can be provided upon request
Summary of accommodation:
Main house: open entrance porch, entrance hall, sitting room, family room/dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, boot room/utility room, cloakroom, 4 bedrooms to first and second floor, large family bathroom with shower, secure off street car parking for 2 cars within the rear garden.
Detached annexe/office/rental accommodation: The ground floor office is well equipped with 2 sets of bi-fold doors fitted with sun blinds with a door to a modern cloakroom and a number of storage cupboards. The first floor rental accommodation has its own entrance door from Horseshoe Road with a staircase leading directly up into the 1st floor where there is a double bedroom and ensuite bathroom. Both the offices and the 1st floor are separately heated by a 2 year old gas boiler supplying central heating and hot water.
Gardens: rear garden is approximately 38 metres long by 11 meters at its widest, to include the detached office/rental accommodation. There is a large stone paved sun terrace/summer dining area. Secure spacious gardens with high board fencing enjoying lots of privacy, well maintained lawns, shrubbery and herbaceous borders to both front and rear. Secure parking for 2 cars within the rear garden, large garden store to side of the detached building.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55279147.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 376. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Dudley Singleton And Daughter, Pangbourne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.