3 bedroom detached house for saleStoneywell House, Back Lane, Warton, Carnforth, Lancashire
Sold STC £425,000
*MUST BE VIEWED*Stoneywell House is an attractive, stone-built character property located in the heart of Warton. The property was originally built within the orchard of a 17th Century residence, owned by the family of George Washington, and later featured in Home Building and Renovate magazine in 2006.
The property sits within a secluded part of the village on Warton, on a cul-de-sac lane. This allows the property to enjoy a peaceful location yet it is within walking distance to the various amenities of Warton. Warton is a historic village which sits within an area of outstanding natural beauty, being popular for its stunning scenery and superb walks close by.
Internally the property boasts a deceptively spacious living accommodation throughout and includes entrance hallway, kitchen/dining area, dining room, a superb open lounge with mezzanine, Garden room, three bedrooms and two bathrooms plus office room. The property also has the benefit of a large garage and further stores.
The property is entered from the spacious parking area at the front and side, into the entrance hallway, which leads off to the various ground floor rooms.
The kitchen/diner offers an open space with wall and base mounted units, with granite work tops, integral appliances including fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, NEFF electric oven and four halogen hob. The kitchen/diner provides ample room for a dining table.
There is a separate dining room with duel aspect overlooking the garden and with views to the front. This room boasts character features, making this an ideal entertaining space.
There is a superb lounge with mezzanine area above, which is set around a feature fireplace complete with inset log burning stove. There are double doors to the front balcony area allowing ample natural lighting. The lounge is a vast, open area with feature beams to the ceiling. The mezzanine area above provides a great space as reading and relaxation area.
There is a garden room which can be accessed from the lounge, which overlooks the rear garden area and offers access via the double doors.
There is a master bedroom with fitted furniture, providing ample storage and a shower room adjoining with a three piece bathroom suite comprising low-level WC, wash hand basin and shower cubicle.
To the first floor can be found two further double bedrooms both with shower cubicles enclosed, and a further study room with fitted furniture.
The family bathroom is located on the first floor and comprises a roll top bath, WC and wash hand basin.
Externally the property is accessed via Back Lane to a slate parking area with access to the front of the property and access to the rear garden area around the sides of the property. There is a good sized rear lawned garden area, with sun decking making an ideal entertaining area. The garden is encompassed with flowering boarders, stone wall and mature shrubbery. The property also has the benefit of a large garage which has electricity available and connected. There are also two further stores.
Stoneywell House offers excellent accommodation and potential for purchasers to utilise this flexible accommodation. This property really must be viewed to be fully appreciated.
Mains gas, mains electricity and mains water available and connected.
Please note: Armitstead Barnett LLP has not tested any of the above services and purchasers should satisfy themselves as to their presence and working condition prior to exchange of contracts.
Title and Tenure: Freehold with vacant possession
Local Authority: Lancaster City Council
Council Tax Band: F
Viewings: Strictly by appointment with the sole selling agents
For the attention of: Emma Hodkinson (Nee Lowis) BSc (Hons) MRICS FAAV
Method of Sale: Private Treaty
SUBJECT TO CONTRACT
Armitstead Barnett for themselves and the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are given notice that:
1. All descriptions, plans, dimensions, references to conditions or suitability for use and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct. Any intending purchaser or tenant should not rely on the statements of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of them.
2. Any electrical or other appliances at the property have not been tested nor have the drains, heating, plumbing or electrical installations. All intending purchasers are recommended to carry out their own investigations before Contract.
3. No person in the employment of Armitstead Barnett LLP has any authority to make any representations or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property.
4. These particulars are produced in good faith and set out to the general outline only for the guidance of intended purchasers or lessees in order for them to make an informed decision regarding the property and do not constitute an offer or Contracts nor any part thereof.
5. Where the property or any part thereof is leasehold, any intended purchaser is advised to consider the terms of any existing Lease or Tenancy document or Agreement as to the term, rent, rent deposit, conditions and or covenants (if any) affecting the property.
6. All correspondence (whether marked or not) and all discussions with Armitstead Barnett LLP and or their employees regarding the property referred to in these particulars are subject to contact.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55414423.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference GAR160045. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Armitstead Barnett, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.