2 bedroom end of terrace house for salePangbourne, Berkshire
Under Offer £425,000
- Victorian semi-detached house
- Two bedrooms
- village centre
- Kitchen/dining room
- Two bath/shower rooms
- Pretty gardens
- Two off road parking spaces
Within the heart of the village, walking distance to schools, shops, amenities and train station ● Train journey to London Paddington just 47 minutes ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 10 minute drive (all distances and timings are approximate)
1,024 sq ft / 95 m² (all measurements are approximate)
Description: A very pretty 2 bedroom Victorian semi-detached house set within the heart of the village.
Typical of the period, with high ceilings, large sash windows giving lots of light, with the more recent additions to include a reception hall and front entrance, as well as an extension to the kitchen/dining room. The extensions have seen the tasteful use of old stock brick and slate to harmonise properly with the original building.
The interior of the property has retained many of the original features with a pretty bay window and planked flooring both in stripped, polished pine and a Victorian style open log fire to the sitting room.
The family room has a pretty open fireplace with a door to under stairs storage, stripped pine flooring and original naturally polished pine cupboards to one side of the fireplace. The original window overlooks a small courtyard.
There is a walk through access to the kitchen/dining room with polished terracotta tiled flooring and a range of high and low level cupboard and drawer units, a fitted SMEG 5 ring gas hob with electric oven and stainless steel extractor over. The working surfaces are hardwood, with a porcelain sink unit and mixer tap. Double aspect windows give lots of light and a stable door gives access to the rear garden.
Both bedrooms are doubles with large sash windows and bedroom 1 has a large ensuite bathroom. There is a shower room on the ground floor and both bathrooms have been attractively refitted with the ensuite featuring a Victorian enamelled bath.
The front garden has a winding old brick cobble edged path from the separate, double off-road car parking area owned by the property. There are pretty gardens to the front and rear and the property is set quite a long way back from the road with well-maintained lawns, and shrubberies. The rear garden has a large paved terrace area, part edged in old cobbles with a pergola, wisteria, clematis, vines and a seating area for summer dining and barbecues.
At the rear of the garden there is a purpose built detached office with power and Wi-Fi connectivity.
● Pretty original windows throughout
● Polished pine flooring
● A number of naturally stained and polished original doors
● Open fireplaces to sitting room and family room
● Large entrance reception area
● Large storage loft area
● Modern shower room to ground floor, bathroom to first floor with a Victorian enamelled bath
● Off-road parking for two cars
● Quarry tiled flooring in the Victorian style in the reception hall
Note: There is a very large loft area and it could be possible for a conversion of the loft, subject to local authority planning and building regulations, with the possibility of a loft or attic room to be accessed via a ladder from the wardrobe of bedroom 1.
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, inner lobby, sitting room, family room, kitchen/dining room, shower room, two double bedrooms, large ensuite bathroom, off-road parking spaces for two cars, detached office building.
Gardens: Gardens to front and rear, well-maintained lawns and shrubberies. Rear garden with large paved terrace area and a garden store.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs through the village and has riverside meadows, a children`s play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offers canoeing and climbing instruction. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland. Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, the imminent Crossrail offering fast links to the City in the coming years, as well as buses to all local areas.
Excellent schools: Easy reach of a number of fine schools; Pangbourne Primary School is a short walk and offers foundation stage 1, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left and at the mini roundabout turn left again. Through the heart of the village, straight over the mini roundabout, pass the police station on the left and the property will be found on the right hand side.
Services: Mains gas, electricity, water and drainage.
Post Code: RG8 7JE
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band D
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55563769.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 380. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Dudley Singleton And Daughter, Pangbourne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.