5 bedroom detached house for saleMain Street, Thorpe By Water, Oakham
- Entrance Porch & Snug
- Study & Sitting Room
- Inner Hall & Cloakroom
- Spacious Living Kitchen
- Two Landings & 5/6 Bedrooms
- En-suites & Bathroom
- Double Garage & Gardens
A charming detached Grade II listed house dating from1540, with later additions to enlarge and enhance the accommodation. The property is situated in the idyllic rural Rutland hamlet of Thorpe by Water, which is surrounded by the rolling countryside of the Welland Valley.
1.12m(3'8'') x 1.07m(3'6'') Wooden multipane front entrance door, 2 windows, quarry tiled flooring, exposed stonework, ceiling beam and part glazed inner front door giving access to:
3.89m(12'9'') x 4.11m(13'6'') With radiator, inglenook fireplace with inset cast iron solid fuel burning stove, tiled hearth and wooden mantel over, timber beams to walls and ceiling, 3 wall light points and door giving access to staircase leading off to the first floor accommodation.
3.20m(10'6'') x 3.84m(12'7'') With radiator, exposed stonework, ceiling beams, wooden flooring, window seat and telephone point.
6.76m(22'2'') x 2.13m(7'0'') max. With tiled flooring, floor level central heating boiler, built in storage cupboard, 3 inset ceiling spotlights and ceiling beam.
CLOAKROOM / WC
2.06m(6'9'') x 0.99m(3'3'') With 2 piece suite comprising of low level WC and wash hand basin with storage cupboard beneath, light with electric shaver point, chrome ladder style heated towel rail, 3 inset ceiling spotlights, tiled flooring and overhead cupboard housing electric fuse box.
4.45m(14'7'') x 6.35m(20'10'') With radiator, 2 wall light points, exposed stonework, ceiling beams, ornamental wooden fire surround with tiled hearth and multipane
4.37m(14'4'') x 3.20m(10'6'') Of wooden double glazed construction with 2 electric panel heaters, TV point, tiled flooring and 2 sets of French doors leading to the rear garden.
FITTED LIVING KITCHEN
5.18m(17'0'') x 6.10m(20'0'') Fitted with a range of wall mounted eye and base level units and wooden worktops and double ceramic Belfast sink unit, integrated appliances comprising: Gas (LPG) range oven with stainless steel
cooker hood over, dishwasher, microwave and wine cooler, space and plumbing for American style fridge/freezer, tiled splashbacks, 2 radiators, tiled flooring, 4 windows, inset ceiling spotlights, ceiling beams, exposed stonework, feature stone fireplace with inset cast iron woodburner, tiled hearth and wooden mantel over, part glazed rear entrance door and open access to:
REAR ENTRANCE HALL
With part glazed rear entrance door and tiled flooring.
Wooden staircase splits giving access to 2 separate landing areas.
With radiator, wall light point, central heating thermostat, exposed wooden floorboards, ceiling beams, narrow built in storage into eves, door gives access to staircase rising to the second floor accommodation.
4.42m(14'6'') x 5.16m(16'11'') With radiator, 2 windows, wooden flooring, ceiling beam, door giving access to a tiled shower cubicle with electric shower and further door to:
2.41m(7'11'') into recess x 1.47m(4'10'') With 2 piece suite comprising of low level WC and was hand basin with storage cupboard beneath, 3 inset ceiling spotlights, part wooden tongue and groove panelling to walls up to dado height.
3.66m(12'0'') x 3.05m(10'0'') With radiator, wooden floorboards, ceiling beams and built in storage cupboard.
3.48m(11'5'') x 2.90m(9'6'') max. With radiator, wooden floorboards, ceiling beams, window seat and 2 built in storage cupboards.
With wall light point, exposed timber beams, double glazed French doors with multipane glazed side panels leading to the rear garden, roof window and doors to:
2.90m(9'6'') x 3.96m(13'0'') With radiator, loft access, wooden flooring, exposed beams, inset ceiling spotlights and 2 windows.
2.03m(6'8'') x 2.41m(7'11'') With 4 piece suite comprising of panelled bath with jacuzzi jets and central mixer tap, tiled corner shower cubicle, low level WC and wash hand basin with storage unit beneath, chrome ladder style heated towel rail, part tiled walls, wooden flooring, inset ceiling spotlights, extractor fan and light well.
Staircase splits giving access to:
6.93m(22'9'') x 3.91m(12'10'') (Restricted head height into eves) With 2 windows offering attractive countryside views, woodgrain effect laminate flooring, exposed beams and double stable style doors to:
ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM
1.78m(5'10'') x 1.47m(4'10'') With 3 piece suite comprising of shower cubicle, WC and pedestal wash hand basin, tiled splashbacks and tiled flooring.
STORE ROOM / NURSERY
3.18m(10'5'') x 1.85m(6'1'') (Restricted head height into eves) With fitted storage cupboard.
A tarmac and block paved driveway leads via timber gates to a double width block paved car hardstanding area in turn leading to:
Of timber construction with 2 up and over doors, power points, lighting, overhead storage space and multipane courtesy door.
Immediately to the front of the property there is an attractive hedge enclosed lawned front garden with mature trees and pathway leading to the front entrance door. To the side of the property there is a block paved area with outside tap. A historic stone wall with mullions and timber gate gives access to the rear garden. The rear garden is screened by mature trees and high hedging. There are separate paved and lawned areas as well as a further block paved patio area, Pergola, pond with water feature, timber garden shed and gated side access.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SHARMAN QUINNEY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference GTU100032. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hurfords, Uppingham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.