3 bedroom detached house for saleLondon Road, Uppingham, Oakham
Sold STC Sale by Tender
- Derelict Split Level House
- Approximately 0.7 acres
- Secluded Position
- Close to Open Countryside
- Potential to Re-develop
Derelict Split Level House. Approximately 0.7 acres. Secluded Position. Driveway. Close to Open Countryside. Potential to Re-develop.
A derelict split level house situated on a large, secluded woodland plot approaching 0.7acres. The plot is situated on the edge of this desirable Rutland market town, and offers the purchaser an extremely rare opportunity to redevelop the site and create an individual home subject to all necessary consents.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN DETAIL
GROUND FLOOR ROOM - 3.38m (11'1'') x 5.84m (19'2'')
With glazed entrance door to front, radiator, 3 windows and inner door with step up to:
With staircase rising to the first floor accommodation and door with step down to double garage.
FIRST FLOOR LANDING
With loft access and airing cupboard with hot water
tank and wooden slatted shelving.
FIRST FLOOR ROOM 1 - 4.62m (15'2'') x 3.05m (10'0'') excl. bay.
With radiator, built in wardrobes and bay window.
FIRST FLOOR ROOM 2 - 3.35m (11'0'') x 3.94m (12'11'')
With radiator and 2 windows.
FIRST FLOOR ROOM 3 - 4.50m(14'9'') x 3.07m (10'1'')
FIRST FLOOR ROOM 4 - 3.45m (11'4'') x 5.18m (17'0'')
With 2 radiators, 2 windows, glazed double doors, fireplace with open ceramic inset, tiled surround and hearth and wooden mantel over.
FORMER KITCHEN - 2.82m (9'3'') x 4.14m (13'7'')
With radiator, remnants of fitted units and rear entrance door (blocked).
FORMER BATHROOM - 3.38m (11'1'') x 1.57m (5'2'')
With remnants of a 3 piece suite comprising of bath, wash hand basin and WC.
There is a large disused glazed sun room attached to the property which we have been unable to gain access to.
DOUBLE GARAGE - 4.62m (15'2'') minimum x 5.89m (19'4'')
With part glazed double entrance doors, further part glazed courtesy door (blocked), strip light and cast iron coal burning Aga (disused).
According to Land Registry, the plot measures nearing 0.7 acres in size. It presently slopes and consists predominantly of untended and overgrown woodland which requires clearing and cultivation. The site offers a good degree of privacy and offers the purchaser a very rare opportunity to remove/redevelop the present property, subject to relevant consents, and replace with a detached family house in this enviable location. The site is situated moments from open countryside and
footpaths,and a short walk from Uppingham's historic centre, and Uppingham Community College.
Access to the site is via a shared, unadopted lane with direct access from London Road. This in turn leads to a driveway giving access via a deed of easement to no. 7 as well as no's. 9 and 9a. There is presently ample car hardstanding outside the property in front of the double garage.
From initial enquiries it would appear that it would not be possible to build multiple units on the plot due to the location being outside the town boundary relating to the Uppingham Local Plan.
If you wish to offer on the property, please forward your best and final offer in writing to the following address by 12:00 on Friday August 5th 2016: Gilbert & Thomas, 4 Market Place, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6DT. When forwarding your offer, please write '7 London Road' clearly on the envelope. Please also include any proof of funding, eg. Letter from a solicitor or bank statement showing funds. Failure to supply this information may hamper your chances of securing the purchase. All offers shall be opened at the above time and, and no offers shall be considered by the vendor prior to this. All parties shall be informed of the outcome at latest by 12:00 on Monday 8th August 2016.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SHARMAN QUINNEY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference GTU100039. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Gilbert & Thomas Estate Agents, Uppingham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.