3 bedroom detached house for saleFarrs Lane, Combe Down, Bath
Sold STC £850,000
- Stunning Detached Period Cottage
- Peaceful Private Setting within Large Mature Gardens
- Two Reception Rooms plus Study/Hallway
- 24' x 14' Kitchen/Dining Room
- Three Double Bedrooms
- Bathroom & Wet Room
- 20' x 12' Detached Garage
A wonderful opportunity to acquire a detached, period character cottage standing in large secluded gardens within a private peaceful lane in the heart of Combe Down village. This hidden gem will make a lovely family home and must be viewed to fully appreciated
Accommodation comprises Reception Hall; Living Room; Family Room; Kitchen/Dining Room; Utility Room; Shower Room; First Floor Landing; Three Double Bedrooms; Bathroom; Large Gardens; Driveway to Detached Garage
Stable style front door leading to
Reception Hall/ Study 11' 11" x 9' 8" max ( 3.63m x 2.95m max )
Travertine stone floor and skirting. Radiator. Stairs rising to first floor. Window to rear. Solid Oak doors.
Sitting/ Family Room 11' 10" into alcove x 10' 10" ( 3.61m into alcove x 3.30m )
Sash window overlooking the front garden Bath stone fireplace and slate hearth with woodburning stove. Oak flooring. Radiator. Additional window to front. Wall lights.
Living Room 14' x 14' ( 4.27m x 4.27m )
Attractive dual aspect room with sash windows overlooking the garden. Feature Bath stone fireplace with a slate hearth and woodburning stove. Oak flooring. Radiator. Wall lights
Kitchen/ Dining Room 23' 10" x 14' 8" ( 7.26m x 4.47m )
A stunning room with a conservatory style dining area overlooking the rear garden. The kitchen features a range of handcrafted freestanding cupboards with Iroko work surfaces. Matching island unit and wall cupboard. Belfast sink. Fridge/freezer space. Travertine stone flooring. Two radiators.
French doors leading to the garden. Door to utility room.
Utility Room 6' 2" x 5' 2" ( 1.88m x 1.57m )
Velux skylight window. Vaillant gas boiler. Roll edge worktop surfaces. Space and plumbing for washing machine and dishwasher.
Shower Room 7' 5" x 5' 10" ( 2.26m x 1.78m )
Travertine stone tiled floor and walls. White suite with Grohe fittings comprising walk-in tiled shower with glass screen. Wall mounted wash basin. Low level WC. Chrome radiator. Velux skylight window.
First Floor Landing
Hatch to roofspace. Built-in shelved storage cupboard. Oak doors to bedrooms and bathroom.
Bedroom One 14' 1" x 14' ( 4.29m x 4.27m )
Delightful dual aspect room with sash windows overlooking the garden. Bath stone fireplace. Radiator. Hatch to roofspace.
Bedroom Two 14' 9" x 11' ( 4.50m x 3.35m )
Dual aspect double glazed windows overlooking the rear garden. Radiator. Hatch to roofspace.
Bedroom Three 11' 11" into alcove x 11' ( 3.63m into alcove x 3.35m )
Sash window overlooking the garden. Bath stone fireplace. Radiator. Built-in wardrobe.
Bathroom 8' 10" x 7' ( 2.69m x 2.13m )
Sash window overlooking the rear garden. White suite comprising roll top freestanding bath. Pedestal wash basin. WC. Radiator/Towel rail. Bamboo wood flooring. Paneling to dado rail.
Eden Cottage stands in mature private gardens approaching a third of an acre. To the front of the cottage is a large level lawn with established and colourful herbaceous borders, variety of mature trees, shrubs and bushes. A long driveway and turning area with parking for upto 6 cars leads to a DETACHED GARAGE. Adjacent to the garage is a courtyard with access to a wood store and the rear garden. This private level garden boasts a large lawn with Laurel hedge boundaries and a variety of shrubs, trees and bushes. Colourful flower beds and veg plot. Greenhouse.
Detached Garage 20' x 12' ( 6.10m x 3.66m )
Currently used as a fitness studio with double wooden doors to the front and a single door to the courtyard. Windows overlooking the garden. Power and light.
From the city centre proceed along Prior Park Road and then up Ralph Allen Drive. At the top turn right onto North Road and Farrs Lane is the second right turn. Eden Cottage will be found on the right hand side.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55602082.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BAT105836. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Allen & Harris, Bath. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.