3 bedroom semi-detached house for saleWalters Cottages, Beachamwell, Swaffham
- Three bedroom late Georgian cottage
- Heaps of character and style throughout
- Living room, study and second reception room
- Farmhouse kitchen/dining room and separate utility room and study
- Newly refurbished luxury bathroom with freestanding bath
- Glorious grounds surrounded by fields
- Detached outbuilding with endless possibilities
Stunning, characterful and spacious cottage with countryside and farmland all around a glorious gardens. Must be viewed.
Walters Cottages are a pair of late 18th century semi detached houses on the very edge of the picturesque village of Beachamwell surrounded by countryside and farmland. We are pleased to offer number 2 for sale. Enter the grounds via a long driveway which runs beside a fully enclosed and impressive lawn and cottage style borders of Bearded Iris and English Roses. Being south facing the cottage enjoyed a much used sun trap patio area before the solid wood entrance door. Step straight into the hub of the house; a superb farmhouse kitchen with quarry tiled flooring, space for AGA and a range of fitted and freestanding cupboards and dressers. A second reception room that could be utilised as a formal dining room or play room/fourth bedroom is to one side of the kitchen whilst on the other is the spacious living room and utility room and study area. Upstairs there is a newly decorated landing with space for desk, three double bedrooms and a stunning four piece bathroom with freestanding bath. There is oil fired central heating installed in 2011 and a pressurised water tank fitted in 2016. The property also enjoys a good sized side and rear garden with raised beds for planting and a brick built outbuilding/workshop with vaulted ceiling and the potential to convert into a studio/annex or hobby room. 2 Walters Cottages oozes character and style in equal measure and given its enviable position with fields and countryside on most sides must be viewed to be appreciated.
Solid wood entrance door into
Kitchen/ Dining Room 19' 9" x 11' 10" max, measured into chimney ( 6.02m x 3.61m max, measured into chimney )
Quarry tiled floor, dual aspect orignal cast iron diamond lattice windows. Fitted, hand made kitchen units with base units, larder cupboard and oak worktops, Belfast ceramic sink with swan neck mixer tap. A range of freestanding Laura Ashley dressers and units set into alcove spaces add to the farmhouse allure of this appealing room. Space for AGA with hand made draw units surrounding. Opening to utility room, and in turn the study, second reception room and
Living Room 21' 8" max, measured into chimney x 12' max ( 6.60m max, measured into chimney x 3.66m max )
Previously the downstairs accommodation of two cottages so plenty spacious with two orignal cast iron diamond lattice front aspect windows onto the garden. Open fireplace with inset multi fuel burner, solid oak flooring, radiator, wall lights, timber latch door to staircase, TV point, smooth ceiling, timber latch door to
Study 6' 11" x 8' 10" ( 2.11m x 2.69m )
Pamment flooring. Original fireplace recess (currently blocked up). Store cupboards, window and latch rear entrance door, door to
Utility Room 7' x 10' 5" ( 2.13m x 3.18m )
Window, storage and understair cupboard, space and plumbing for washing machine and dishwasher, quarry tiled floor.
Second Reception Room 16' 1" x 8' 11" ( 4.90m x 2.72m )
Side window, radiator, large storage cupboard, smooth ceiling.
Large Landing Area
With space for desk/sideboard etc, storage cupboards running under the eaves, radiators, doors to all rooms.
Master Bedroom 13' 11" x 9' 4" ( 4.24m x 2.84m )
Sloping ceiling @ 4ft 2in
Orignal cast iron diamond lattice windows to front, radiator, painted exposed ceiling timber, feature cast iron fireplace, original wooden floorboards.
Bedroom 2 21' 8" measured into recess x 9' ( 6.60m measured into recess x 2.74m )
Sloping ceiling @ 4ft 2in
Leaded and patterned cottage style UPVC side window with monkey tail handle to front aspect, painted exposed beams, radiator.
Bedroom 3 13' 7" x 10' 4" excluding recess ( 4.14m x 3.15m excluding recess )
Sloping ceiling @ 4ft 2in
Orignal cast iron diamond lattice window to the front, built in wardrobes, radiator, feature cast iron fireplace, smooth ceiling with exposed beam, arched recess.
Luxury Bathroom 11' 10" max x 10' 7" max ( 3.61m max x 3.23m max )
Newly fitted and superbly presented Luxury bathroom with leaded and patterned cottage style UPVC window with field views, heated towel rail, partly tiled walls and traditional plank style wood effect vinyl floor. Double shower cubicle with rainforest shower, pedestal wash hand basin, low level WC, roll top bath with claw and ball feet. Smooth ceiling and wall and ceiling light. Cupboard housing water cylinder.
To the front of the property is a long driveway which runs beside a fully enclosed and impressive lawn with a mixture of shrubs and trees. This impressive frontage is enclosed by hedging to the front and one side and fencing on the other. To the front of the house is a generous inset and south facing patio area. As you go to the side of the house, there is a working area containing raised beds for planting, chicken run, further patio area and greenhouse with beds surrounding. To the rear of the property is a garden which backs onto fields.There is also an impressive brick built outbuilding with endless possibilities, barn style rear doors, personal side door with power and lighting and an additional strip of land previously used to rear pigs.
Leave Swaffham via Cley Road and turn right onto Beachamwell Road. Follow this road for approximately five miles bearing right through the village, the property can be found on the right hand side just after St John's Road.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55632013.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference SFM103743. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Swaffham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.