Land for saleLand At Skairfield (Centre), Greenhill, Lockerbie, Dumfriesshire, DG11
- 28 acres (11.3 hectares)
- CLOSING DATE: 12 NOON 11 OCTOBER 2016
- Lot 6
- Bare Land
- 26 acres Ploughable pasture
- 1.5 acres Grazing
- About 28 acres in total
Block of Bare Farmland
The village of Lochmaben lies less than 3 miles to the west where everyday conveniences such as a doctor's surgery, local shop and bakery are available as well as primary schooling. Lockerbie, approximately 3 miles away, offers primary and secondary schooling, a supermarket, a range of professional services and banking facilities. Dumfries, 10.5 miles to the west, is a thriving town which provides a wide range of facilities including Dumfries Royal Infirmary (new hospital is due for completion in spring 2018) and an excellent range of shops, supermarkets, sports clubs and professional services. The area is well served by agricultural suppliers and livestock markets including Lockerbie, Castle Douglas (29 miles), Carlisle (28 miles), Longtown (22 miles) and Ayr (68 miles).
Greenhillhead and Boghead Farms are situated within Dumfries and Galloway, an area renowned for its productive arable, dairy and livestock farms. The properties enjoy uninterrupted views over the surrounding undulating countryside while being easily accessible.
Communications in the area are good with railway stations at Lockerbie, Dumfries and Carlisle. There is excellent access to the M74. The nearest international airports are at Glasgow (80 miles), Prestwick (82 miles) and Edinburgh (79 miles). Ferry links to Northern Ireland operate from Cairnryan (85 miles).
South west Scotland, with its rolling landscapes and extensive woodlands, is renowned for the high quality of its game shooting, including partridge, pheasant and wild fowling, as well as salmon and trout fishing on the reputable Rivers Nith and Annan. There is also a wealth of other outdoor pursuits including sailing on the Solway Firth and golf at Lochmaben, Lockerbie and Dumfries. There is a tennis club in Lochmaben and an ice rink in Lockerbie.
The properties form part of Skairfield Estate which has been in the Jardine-Paterson family for some time. Most recently the farmland has been rented on a combination of seasonal grazing agreements and a Short Limited Duration Tenancy while the residential properties have been let out on short assured tenancies. To the east the farmland is bounded by the River Annan and to the west the land is divided by the network of roads linking the 'Royal Four Towns' of Greenhill, Heck, Hightae and Smallholm.
The farmland, extending to about 435 acres in total, is well balanced for cropping and grass production, comprising arable, silage ground, permanent pasture and rough grazing which is interspersed with woodlands prov iding shelter and amenity.
LOTS 5 - 8 FARMLAND AT SKAIRFIELD AND KIRKHIRST
The remaining farmland known as Skairfield and Kirkhirst is split into four separate lots ranging in size from 16.0 acres to 79.3 acres. The land is generally flat lying with altitude ranging between 40 and 50 metres above sea level and is generally class 3 and 4 with the exception of Lot 8 which is class 4 and 5 according to the James Hutton Institute. The lots are generally accessible from the public roads and benefit from either mains water troughs or access to natural supplies. All the farmland is let under a series of seasonal grazing and cropping agreements. Field 28 is subject to a SLDT agreement. Further details on tenure are available within the field schedule.
GENERAL REMARKS AND STIPULATIONS
Strictly by appointment with Savills. Given the potential hazards of a working farm, we request you take care when viewing the properties, especially around the farmyards.
Entry & Possession
Entry by arrangement.
The farmland is subject to a variety of grazing agreements and an SLDT, for specific details please refer to the field schedule. The residential properties will be sold with the benefit of vacant possession.
Harper Robertson and Shannon, 100 High Street, Annan DG12 6EH
Offers in Scottish Legal Form are to be submitted to the selling agents, Savills, 28 Castle Street, Dumfries DG1 1DG. A closing date for offers may be fixed and prospective purchasers are advised to register their interest with the selling agents following inspection.
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets in the farmhouses and cottage are included in the sale.
Environmental & Architectural Stipulations
Greenhillhead Fort is a Scheduled Ancient Monument located to the south of Greenhillhead Farmhouse and buildings. Parts of the farmland have been affected by flooding in the past.
Basic Payment Scheme (BPS)
No BPS Entitlements are included in the sale.
In so far as they are owned, the sporting rights are in hand. Fishing permits for the River Annan are issued by the Royal Four Towns.
Mineral and Timber Rights
In so far as they are owned, the mineral rights are included in the sale. All standing and fallen timber is included in the sale.
The purchaser of the property, in addition to the purchase price, will be obliged to take over and pay for at a valuation to be agreed between two valuers, one acting for each party, or an arbiter appointed by the valuers, or failing agreement as to the appointment by the Chairman, for the time being, of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Scottish Branch), the following:
1. All hay, straw, fodder, roots, silage and farmyard manure and other produce at market value.
2. All oils, fuel, fertilisers, sprays, chemicals, seeds and sundry at cost.
Note: If the amount of the valuations has not been agreed on the date fixed for completion, then the purchaser shall pay to the seller such a sum as Savills shall certify on account at the valuation pending agreement. Should the payment not be made within seven days then the interest will become payable on outstanding monies at 5% over Bank of Scotland borrowing rate.
Within 7 days of the conclusion of missives a non-returnable deposit of 10% of the purchase price shall be paid. The balance of the purchase price will fall due for payment at the date of entry (whether entry is taken or not) with interest accruing thereon at the rate of 5% above Bank of Scotland base rate. No consignation shall be effectual in avoiding such interest.
Should any discrepancy arise as to the boundaries or any points arise on the Remarks, Stipulations or Plan or the interpretation of any of them, the question shall be referred to the arbitration of the selling agents whose decision acting as experts, shall be final.
Plans, Areas and Schedules
These are based on the Ordnance Survey and are for reference only. They have been carefully checked and computed by the selling agents and the purchaser sh all be deemed to have satisfied himself as to the description of the property and any error or mis-statement shall not annul the sale nor entitle either party to compensation in respect thereof.
Any offer by a purchaser who is resident outwith the United Kingdom must be accompanied by a guarantee from a bank which is acceptable to the sellers.
It is intended to offer the property for sale as described, but the seller reserves the right to divide the property into lots, or to withdraw the property, or to exclude any property shown in these particulars.
Should there be any discrepancy between these particulars, the General Remarks and Information, Stipulations and the Missives of Sale, the latter shall prevail.
Servitude Rights, Burdens, Wayleaves and Statutory Public and Other Access Rights
1. The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude and wayleave rights, including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private. The property is also sold subject to the rights of public access under the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003. The purchaser(s) will be held to have satisfied themselves as to the nature of all such servitude rights and others following theirsolicitors' examination of the title deeds.
2. In the event of a sale in lots, appropriate rights of access and servitude will be retained and granted.
3. The Calflake Bridge to South Hightae core path runs between lots 4 and 5 to Calflake Bridge before running along the southern boundary of lot 4 towards the River Annan.
4. The Annandale Way runs adjacent to the Calflake within lot 5.
5. Castle Loch Walk core path runs to the western and northern boundaries of lot 8.
6. The purchaser of lot 4 will have maintenance and upkeep responsibility over the Boghead Burn and bridge.
7. The purchasers of lot 5 and lot 6 and lot 4 and lot 7 will have joint responsibility for maintenance and upkeep of the Calflakeburn.
The Council Tax and all other outgoings shall be apportioned between the seller and the purchaser as at the date of entry.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact, unless the same is incorporated within a written document signed by the Sellers or on their behalf satisfying the requirements of Section 3 of the Requirements of Writing (Scotland) Act 1995 or is granted in pursuance of any such document.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Acreage: 28 Acres
From the north, leave the M74 Glasgow - Carlisle motorway at junction 17, turning left signposted towards Lockerbie. At the roundabout take the third exit and head along the B7076 (signposted to Lockerbie and Dumfries). Follow this road bearing left and then turn right at the junction on to the A709 to Lochmaben. From the M6 at Carlisle continue on to the M74, leaving the motorway at junction 18 and taking the B723 to Lockerbie/Dumfries/A709. Turn right on to the B723 and then left onto the A709 towards Lochmaben. Following the A709, once over the Shillahill Bridge, the properties are accessed off the road on the left hand side signposted for Greenhill, Heck and Hightae.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55761994.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference EDR160060. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Dumfries. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.