5 bedroom detached house for saleFilsham Road, St. Leonards-On-Sea
- Detached character house
- Stunning views from the turret room
- No forward chain
- Detached Gymnasium offering scope for office/annex
- Extensive off road parking & Garage
- Front & Rear Gardens
- Sauna/shower room
A truly unique opportunity to secure this period house built in 1905 with many original features. accommodation briefly comprises five bedrooms, four reception rooms, three bathrooms, turret room and kitchen/breakfast room. Sold with no forward chain, viewing is essential to fully appreciate.
Fox & Sons are delighted to welcome to the market an immaculately presented, one off, character detached house. The property has been updated to the highest standard and is now a very impressive family home. This exceptionally well-appointed home retains many original features including fireplaces, door architraves, coving as well as cornicing, stained glass windows, feature octagonal mosaic to entrance hall. Further benefiting from open panoramic views from the octagonal tower, detached fully equipped gymnasium, four reception rooms, five well proportioned bedrooms, sweeping staircase, ample parking & large landscaped rear garden. Situated in one of St Leonards most desired locations and within close proximity to West St Leonards railway with easy connection to LONDON CHARING CROSS.
Early viewing of this stunning family home is considered essential to appreciate the many qualities available.
Approached via Oak door with further stained glass and leaded light window leading to the reception hall.
With a central octagonal area laid with mosaic tiling to the floor and a feature fireplace with tiled surround and hearth. Two recessed area with marble shelves and further leaded light windows with stained glass insets. Radiator.
Sitting Room 20' 2" max x 17' 2" into bay ( 6.15m max x 5.23m into bay )
Having stripped and polished floorboards with doors leading to the rear garden. A bay window to the side aspect with leaded light windows. Egg & Dart coving, picture rail and original skirting. Wall mounted light points and feature open fireplace with two radiators. Door through to the breakfast room.
Living Room 19' 5" into bay x 16' 7" ( 5.92m into bay x 5.05m )
A feature leaded light bay window to the front aspect. Feature fireplace housing wood burning stove. Stripped and polished floorboards and radiator. Ornate coving and picture rail.
Dining Room 14' 8" x 13' 9" ( 4.47m x 4.19m )
Stripped and polished floorboards and feature bay window to the front aspect. Picture rail and radiator. Opening to the kitchen.
Kitchen 14' 7" x 12' 7" ( 4.45m x 3.84m )
Fitted with an extensive range of wall and base units incorporating stainless steel sink and drainer. Integrated wine rack and glass fronted display cabinets. Space for range cooker and further space and plumbing for dishwasher. Two windows overlooking the rear garden and door providing access to rear garden. Partly tiled walls and tiled flooring.
Breakfast Room 17' 6" max plus recess x 13' ( 5.33m max plus recess x 3.96m )
Two windows overlooking the rear garden and door to the rear garden. Further openings to the kitchen and sitting room.
Fitted with low level wc and wash basin. Partly tiled walls and tiled flooring.
First Floor Landing
Another great feature of this property with balustrade staircase turning to the first floor with partly paneled walls. Window to the front aspect.
Master Bedroom 19' max x 14' 3" plus wardrobe ( 5.79m max x 4.34m plus wardrobe )
Ornate recessed window with leaded light insets. Built in wardrobes with hanging and shelving space and recess shelving. Radiator. Door through to en-suite.
En-Suite Shower Room
White suite comprising double shower cubicle, wash basin, low level wc and bidet.. Partly tiled walls and tiled flooring. Extractor fan.
Bedroom Two 18' 6" into bay x 14' 2" max ( 5.64m into bay x 4.32m max )
Window to the rear aspect overlooking the rear garden and with distant countryside views. Feature fireplace with tiled inset. Two radiators and picture rail.
Bedroom Three 14' 8" max x 15' 3" ( 4.47m max x 4.65m )
Window to the rear aspect, eaves storage cupboards and radiator.
Bedroom Four 13' x 12' 11" plus recess ( 3.96m x 3.94m plus recess )
Window to the rear aspect. Built in wardrobes, radiator and picture rail.
Bedroom Five/turret Irregular Shaped Room 10' 7" x 10' 6" ( 3.23m x 3.20m )
Window to the front aspect. Stairs rising to the upper Turret room.
Upper Turret Room Irregular Shaped Room 10' 7" x 10' 6" ( 3.23m x 3.20m )
Having fantastic views over rooftops across West St Leonards and out to sea.
Fitted with a white suite comprising paneled spa bath with mixer tap and shower attachment. Low level wc, tiled shower cubicle and vanity wash basin with mixer tap and marble surface and cupboard under. Fully tiled walls and tiled floor. Heated chrome towel rail, extractor fan and leaded light window to the front aspect.
Space and plumbing for washing machine and further space for tumble dryer. Low level wc, stainless steel sink and drainer. Partly tiled walls and tiled flooring and radiator.
Office/gymnasium 25' x 20' ( 7.62m x 6.10m )
A fully equipped gym with potential for office/granny annex. Windows to three sides and double glazed french doors. Located under a pitched roof and with wood flooring.
Extensive patio area overlooking the lawn with flower beds and shrubs. Hedge and fence boundaries. Polytunnel and raised vegetable beds.
Offering an 'In and Out' driveway with shrub areas and driveway providing off road parking for several vehicles and leading through a five bar gate to further block paved driveway. Driveway leading to the Garage.
Up and over doors, power and light. Personal doors to the dining room and rear garden.
Kiln dried spruce with seating areas and window and door. Tiled flooring and shower area.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55806709.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HAS112278. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fox & Sons, Hastings. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.