4 bedroom detached house for saleChurch Loke, Coltishall, Norwich, Norfolk, NR12
- Open plan living area
- 3/4 bedrooms
- Private moorings
- 200ft river frontage
- Tranquil riverside setting
- EPC Rating = B
Contemporary thatched home in tranquil waterside setting with moorings
The property is delightfully situated in mature grounds, quietly tucked away down a private road. It enjoys a peaceful and tranquil situation attracting a great deal of wildlife, yet within walking distance of the facilities of the village. Coltishall has a primary school, public houses, restaurant, hotel, doctors' surgery and pharmacy, post office, garage, hairdresser, supermarket and river access to the Broads Network. The centre of the Broads at Wroxham is approximately 3 miles distant whilst Norwich is approximately 9 miles.
Meadside is a beautifully positioned contemporary home finished to a traditional design of cavity brick construction under a thatched roof.
The property was completed in 2010 and stands in a delightful mature garden with views across wide lawns down to the river and moorings. The property was constructed with energy efficiency and modern technology in mind and features an underground heat source pump supplying the heating system and solar energy for the hot water. This high efficiency, coupled with the RHI payments, means that at present the property has free energy with payback which will continue until December 2021.
The principal rooms all enjoy views out across the lawns to the river and are well proportioned. The kitchen/dining area is partially open plan to the main sitting room with a double sided wood burner between the kitchen/dining area and the main sitting room. The accommodation has been arranged on the ground floor so that the current study can be used as a bedroom with an adjoining shower room. We draw your attention to the floorplans for a full explanation as to how the accommodation is arranged.
The property is approached initially via a right of way down a private road which leads through a pair of timber gates to the private drive for the property. The private drive is gravelled with ample turning and parking areas for many vehicles and serves the large double garage/workshop with power and lighting. In addition, there is a thatched three bay open cart lodge.
Around the house are large paved terraces and pathways finished in a grey/green slate with the largest terrace on the south side overlooking the formal garden and River Bure beyond. Within the lawned gardens are a variety of mature trees and shrubs with dyke offering further mooring facilities for smaller craft. A bridge leads over to the island which houses the wet boathouse and facilities for eight moorings. The gardens and grounds in all extend to 2.217 acres (est).
1. There is a right of way in favour of Meadside for vehicle access serving the private drive to the property from the highway. This section of the drive is owned by the neighbouring property, Holly Lodge, with an informal maintenance agreement in place.
2. Planning permission is in place to erect another pedestrian bridge from the main part of the garden to the island if required.
Mains electricity and water (supplied and metered via the adjoining Norfolk Mead Hotel) and private treatment plant drainage.
Broadland District Council: Band G.
Fixtures & Fittings
All fixtures and fittings including fitted carpets and curtains are specifically excluded from the sale, but may be available in addition, subject to separate negotiation.
Strictly by appointment with Savills. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Acreage: 2.21 Acres
Leave Norwich via the B1150 passing through Crostwick to Coltishall. After crossing the bridge turn right before the island garage towards Wroxham. Follow the road to the left and then at the brow of the hill before the church, turn right into a private drive signposted to the Norfolk Mead Hotel. Continue down this private road and continue straight ahead until you reach a pair of timber gates which are the entrance to Meadside. The postcode for the property is NR12 7DN.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55826059.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NRS160245. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.