4 bedroom detached house for saleBroomieknowe, Craigerne Lane, Peebles
- IMPRESSIVE AND SUBSTANTIAL DETACHED PROPERTY WITHIN A c.0.625 PLOT
- HIGHLY DESIRABLE RESIDENTIAL AREA
- NEVER BEFORE ON THE MARKET
- FABULOUS DRAWING ROOM, SITTING ROOM AND DINING ROOM
- CHARACTER PROPERTY WITH OAK PANELLING TO HALLWAY AND STAIRCASE
- LARGE MASTER BEDROOM WITH EN-SUITE. FURTHER 3 BEDROOMS AND STUDY/BEDROOM 5
- CONSERVATORY OVERLOOKING EXTENSIVE GARDEN AND COUNTRYSIDE BEYOND
- SPACIOUS DRIVEWAY WITH CARPORT AND LARGE SINGLE GARAGE
- EPC - E
This is a very impressive property. What distinguishes it are the quality and attractiveness of the house and gardens, combined with its location, a short walk to the High Street and yet sitting in a quiet cul-de-sac with stunning views of the hills surrounding Peebles.
Broomieknowe is a substantial, detached property occupying a large plot c.0.625 acre situated in a highly desirable residential area on the southern side of the beautiful Borders town of Peebles. Constructed in the late 1950s, the house is on the market for the first time having been owned by three successive generations of the same family. It was extended and updated in the early 1990s to a very high standard, but retains the character of the original building with oak panelling in the Hallway and the staircase.
Standing in the Reception Hall, the thoughtful design of the house is immediately evident. The garden can be glimpsed through the double French doors leading through to the Sitting Room as well as through the glass panelled door leading into the Drawing Room. Framed by the large bay window extending almost the entire length of the room, the Drawing Room is a light, airy living area with a feature fireplace with gas fire and French door leading to the Conservatory. The overall accommodation offers flexibility of use, with the spacious Study and Dining Room giving various options. From the rear hall there is the large Kitchen/Breakfast Room, and a Utility Room which gives access to the rear garden. There is also a useful Shower Room from the rear hallway.
The beautiful oak staircase from the Reception Hall shows the quality of finish and attention to detail in the original construction. The Master Bedroom is a magnificent large room with ensuite Shower Room which has a coloured suite. There are a further two spacious double Bedrooms situated to the front which offer views across to Peebles and the Tweed Valley and a single Bedroom to the rear which has built-in bunk beds and a lovely outlook across the garden to the countryside beyond. There is also the family Bathroom which has a three piece coloured suite.
Externally there is a spacious driveway, with parking for numerous vehicles, leading to the carport and large single garage, which also has a workshop area to the rear. The gardens are extensive and well maintained with a large expanse of lawn sweeping around the property to the rear, where there is an open outlook to the south west beyond.
Viewing is highly recommended to fully appreciate all this extensive property has to offer.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55912858.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 7130232. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Remax Clydesdale & Tweeddale, Peebles. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.