4 bedroom house for saleNew Street, Daventry
Guide Price £175,000
- Character Property
- Four Bedrooms
- Large Reception Room
- En-Suites To All Bedrooms
- Historical Features
- Two Downstairs Toilets
- Located Town Centre
- Grade I I * Listed
A rare opportunity to acquire a prominent Grade II star listed character property located in the heart of the market town of Daventry. The property currently has residential use but has served a variety of uses over a period of time. Any prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves that their proposed use is acceptable to Daventry District Council.
The accommodation comprises: Large Ground floor Reception room, two toilets, built in bar, four first floor Bedrooms all with En-Suite shower rooms. It should be noted there is no outside space with the property.
History Of The Building - History of The Windsor Lodge Hotel:
The oldest part of the hotel was originally the Daventry Grammar School when New Street was known as Cow Lane. This School was founded just one week after Daventry received its charter from Queen Elizabeth 1, and was a beneficiary of the will of one William Parker dated 6th April 1576.The building was certainly completed by the year 1600.
There are records of Headmasters through the 18th century and the school feature in the census summaries of the 19th and 20th centuries. By 1910, although the school was doing well the old building in New Street was being used a Parish room.
In 1916 the Roman Catholic Church of St Marks had become too small for its ever expanding congregation and so the old grammar School in New Street was leased for 14 year period. The whole building was redecorated, the porch remodelled with heating and gas lighting being installed. The rent was £20 per annum. The new Church was dedicated to Our Lady of Charities and ST Augustine.
In 1924 the Church was purchased for £375 plus expenses. In 1926 electricity was installed in the church and house. The Church remained in used until about 20 years ago when a new Church dedicated to St Augustine was built in London Road, Daventry.
Entrance - Enter via a historical substantial timber door into the entrance hall leading through to the:
Reception Room - 12.01m x 5.63m max - A vast space incorporating a built in bar. Two separate toilets. Several exposed beams. Two mullion stone windows to the side elevation. Stairs leading up to:
First Floor Landing - Doors off to:
Bedroom One - 5.79m x 3.68m - Huge floor to ceiling arch window to front elevation. Further stone window to side elevation. Cupboard housing gas boiler serving radiator central heating and domestic hot water.
Bedroom Two - 4.87m max x 2.96m - En-suite shower room. Windows to side and rear elevations.
Bedroom Three - 3.56m x 3.35m - En-Suite shower room. Window to side elevation.
Bedroom Four - 3.81m x 2.60m - En-suite shower room. Window to rear elevation.
Services - The following services are connected to this property :
Mains gas, electricity, water and drainage.
None of the above services have been tested and purchasers should note that it is their specific responsibility to make their own enquiries of the appropriate authorities as to the location, adequacy and availability of mains water, electricity, gas and drainage services.
Local Authority - Daventry District Council
Tel: 01327 871100
Council Tax Band - Banding TBC
Fixtures And Fittings - Only those items in the nature of fixtures and fittings mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Other items are specifically excluded. None of the appliances have been tested by the agents and they are not certified or warranted in any way.
Important Notice - 1. These particulars have been prepared in all good faith to give a fair overall view of the property. If any points are particularly relevant to your interest in the property please ask for further information.
2. Nothing in these particulars shall be deemed to be a statement that the property is in good structural condition or otherwise, nor that any services, appliances, equipment or facilities are in good working order. Purchasers should satisfy themselves on such matters prior to purchase.
3. The photograph/s depict only certain parts of the property. It should not be assumed that any contents, furnishings/furniture etc. photographed are included in the sale. It should not be assumed that the property remains as displayed in the photograph/s. No assumptions should be made with regard to parts of the property that have not been photographed. Please ask for further information if required.
4. Any areas, measurements or distances referred to are given as a GUIDE ONLY and are not precise. If such details are fundamental to a purchase, purchasers must rely on their own enquiries or those which can be performed by their appointed advisers.
5. Where reference is made to planning permissions or potential uses such information is given in good faith. Purchasers should however make their own enquiries into such matters prior to purchase.
6. Descriptions of the property are subjective and are used in good faith as an opinion and NOT as a statement of fact. Please make further specific enquiries to ensure that our descriptions are likely to match expectations you may have of the property.
7. The information in these particulars is given without responsibility on the part of the Sole Agents or their Clients. The particulars do not form any part of an offer or a contract and neither the Sole Agents nor their employees has any authority to make or give any representations or warranty in relation to this property.#
Viewing - Strictly by prior appointment via the selling agents. Contact 01327 316880.
Mortgage Advice - "Your home is at risk if you do not keep up the repayments on a mortgage or other loan secured on it."
Floorplan - Howkins and Harrison provide these plans for reference only - they are not to scale.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26486607. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Howkins & Harrison LLP, Daventry. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.