3 bedroom cottage for saleGreenside, Wappenham
Guide Price £399,950
- Detached Property
- 2 Reception Rooms
- 3 Bedrooms
- Front & Rear Gardens
- Garage & Workshop
- Energy Rating F
A three bedroom detached property situated on the outskirts of the village with views over open countryside. The property has been sympathetically upgraded with hardwood sash and casement windows.
Entrance hall, sitting room, dining room, conservatory, kitchen, cloakroom, cellar, three bedrooms, family bathroom. Front and rear gardens, single garage with workshop behind.
Wappenham - The highly regarded village of Wappenham is located approx. 5 miles from the market town of Towcester and approx. 15 miles from the county town of Northampton. The village is linear in style and comprises a mix of old and new houses with a number of the older buildings being listed, along with the red telephone box opposite the Church on the village green. There is good access to the M1, A43, the M40 and train stations at Milton Keynes, Northampton and Long Buckby offering services to London Euston with journey times of around one hour. The village has a population of around 250 with most people commuting elsewhere for work and children travel to both primary and secondary schools covering Silverstone, Lois Weedon, Helmdon, Syresham, Towcester and Northampton with a wide range of independent schools in the area catering for all age groups. Local amenities can be found at either Greens Norton, Silverstone or Towcester, all having doctors surgeries with a number of dentists in Towcester. There are several thriving organisations for all ages and a fishing lake, Silver Lake, which is stocked as a fishery and holds a superb head of carp, roach, bream and some crucians too. There is a good network of well signposted footpaths from which the village can be better appreciated. Sporting activities in the area include golf at Whittlebury Hall, sailing at Draycote Water, Pitsford and Hollowell Reservoirs, horse racing at Towcester and motor racing at Silverstone.
Accommodation - The accommodation comprises
Entrance Hall - Accessed via a panelled wooden front door with glazed panels. Window to side aspect. Radiator, solid wood flooring. Dog leg staircase rising to first floor accommodation.
Sitting Room - 5.74m x 3.05m - Double glazed sash windows to front aspect. Two radiators, fireplace with limestone surround and hearth fitted with a "Clearview" log burning stove. Door through to:
Dining Room - 4.83m max x 3.12m max - Radiator, fireplace which houses the boiler. Walk-in cupboard with shelving. Throughway to:
Conservatory - 4.93m max x 4.27m max - Part brick, part glazed with French doors overlooking and leading to the rear garden. Further door to side aspect. Tiled floor with underfloor heating, radiator. Opens onto:
Kitchen - 3.23m x 2.18m - Fitted with a selection of floor standing and wall mounted cabinets. Tiled floor, tiled splash backs. Space for electric oven, space and plumbing for dishwasher. Granite working surfaces incorporating a one and a half bowl sink unit with drainer to one side. Leads through to:
Utility Area - Space and plumbing for automatic washing machine, space for full height fridge/freezer. Door to:
Cloakroom - Low level WC and wall mounted hand wash basin. Tiled splash backs, quarry tiled floor, electric heater. Windows to side and rear aspects.
Cellar - 3.21m x 3.25m - Currently being used as an home office with power and lighting connected. storage heater, alcove with fitted shelves.
First Floor Landing - Windows overlooking the side and rear aspects, radiator.
Bedroom One - 4.47m x 3.63m - Sash window to front and casement window to side. Feature fireplace, radiator.
Bedroom Two - 3.58m max x 2.90m - Sash window to front aspect. Built-in wardrobes, radiator.
Bedroom Three - 2.97m x 2.84m - Window to rear aspect. Radiator, fitted cupboards.
Family Bathroom - Window to rear aspect, radiator, part tiled walls. Suite comprising of a panelled bath with Mira Power Shower over, low level WC and pedestal wash basin. Airing cupboard housing hot water tank.
Outside - The front of the property has a path leading to front door. Gravelled driveway leading to the garage and providing off-road parking. Gated side access to rear of the property. Mature beds and borders.
Rear Garden - A private part walled rear garden laid mainly to lawn with mature hedges, trees, beds and borders. Decked patio area and further brick paved patio area. Side access with brick paved path to front of house and service door to garage and workshop.
Garage - 4.90m x 3.02m - Up and over door.
Floorplan - Howkins and Harrison provide these plans for reference only - they are not to scale.
Viewing - Strictly by prior appointment via the selling agents. Contact 01327 353575.
Fixtures And Fittings - Only those items in the nature of fixtures and fittings mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Other items are specifically excluded. None of the appliances have been tested by the agents and they are not certified or warranted in any way.
Services - The following services are connected to this property :
Electricity, oil central heating, water and drainage.
None of the above services have been tested and purchasers should note that it is their specific responsibility to make their own enquiries of the appropriate authorities as to the location, adequacy and availability of mains water, electricity, gas and drainage services.
Local Authority - South Northamptonshire Council
The Forum, Moat Lane
Towcester NN12 6AD
Tel : 01327 322322
Council Tax - Band E.
Important Notice - 1. These particulars have been prepared in all good faith to give a fair overall view of the property. If any points are particularly relevant to your interest in the property please ask for further information.
2. Nothing in these particulars shall be deemed to be a statement that the property is in good structural condition or otherwise, nor that any services, appliances, equipment or facilities are in good working order. Purchasers should satisfy themselves on such matters prior to purchase.
3. The photograph/s depict only certain parts of the property. It should not be assumed that any contents, furnishings/furniture etc. photographed are included in the sale. It should not be assumed that the property remains as displayed in the photograph/s. No assumptions should be made with regard to parts of the property that have not been photographed. Please ask for further information if required.
4. Any areas, measurements or distances referred to are given as a GUIDE ONLY and are not precise. If such details are fundamental to a purchase, purchasers must rely on their own enquiries or those which can be performed by their appointed advisers.
5. Where reference is made to planning permissions or potential uses such information is given in good faith. Purchasers should however make their own enquiries into such matters prior to purchase.
6. Descriptions of the property are subjective and are used in good faith as an opinion and NOT as a statement of fact. Please make further specific enquiries to ensure that our descriptions are likely to match expectations you may have of the property.
7. The information in these particulars is given without responsibility on the part of the Sole Agents or their Clients. The particulars do not form any part of an offer or a contract and neither the Sole Agents nor their employees has any authority to make or give any representations or warranty in relation to this property.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56005273.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26486805. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Howkins & Harrison LLP, Towcester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.